Who's rock the phone naked?

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Done it before and as much as I'd like to, I feel the need to have some kind of protection regardless. Last two phones (Note 8 S9+) I've had things happen that were small but still damaged the device and I just don't want to risk it. I don't like having bulky cases on an already large device but I do want some kind of protection. Currently have a slim clear case that will probably be the go to for a while. Got a super slim clip case and not really a fan of it.

Another reason I don't want to rock it naked is because my S9's bezels started to wear and look like crap not long after. I don't think I ever bought a case for it and wish I would have now

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like naked but as others have said...it's pretty expensive...so I took off the screen protector because I never use those but I have a Luvvitt case which is clear and about $10. Great product.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I always want to rock my phones naked but they simply just cost too much -- I would rather have that chance at protection if I do drop them (I usually don't).

At $1,000, no screen protector but Otterbox Defender case on every smartphone since 2006.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At $1,000, no screen protector but Otterbox Defender case on every smartphone since 2006.

At the moment I have a Spigen case + Whitestone dome SP. I will probably always get a Whitestone Dome now a days since they fit so dang well and help protect me from me :p lol.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
At the moment I have a Spigen case + Whitestone dome SP. I will probably always get a Whitestone Dome now a days since they fit so dang well and help protect me from me :p lol.

Thought about the Whitestone Dome but I am so klutzy that I could mess up a one car parade.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the Anccer crystal clear thin case, but I doubt if I'll use it. I almost always go naked and have been pretty lucky with not cracking screens.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm so accustomed to how wide the Plus/Max iOS phones are that Samsung phones feel really narrow and easy to hold on to in comparison. I don't feel like I need a case with any of the Samsung phones I've had. Still waiting on my 10+

Moonliterider

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to go caseless, but I would definitely crack the front or back glass pretty quickly. So instead, I try to find a reasonably thin case that still offers some level of drop protection.

Tech 21 has the thinnest cases with grip,that Ive ever had. I have 2 for my Note 9. I'm going to get one for my S10+,as soon as the FedEx guy decides to deliver the thing today! I took off work and here it's almost 5pm,and still nothing....

Martell545

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Fed ex is the slowest imo. I waited almost a full day for a phone a while ago smh. Amazon usually dropped my package off before 3pm.

oviedofreak82

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I've always had cases on my Samsung phones since my S7. My S7 is still running strong but my S8 plus has a broken front glass; ironically I never dropped it and has always been in a case since day one.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This is why I'm only naked at home.

I was detailing my CivicX and my S10 was inside my vest jacket...

It fell display first and luckily only damage was to the screen protector. Peeled it off and all good.

I'm not telling my girl. LOL

I ordered new screen protectors on Amazon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's a beautiful phone line - I could understand why users would want to use it case-less. In my case though (see what I did there), I wouldn't be able to go that route - I'm too clumsy!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
At least go with a minimalist case of which there are several good ones. Offers some protection on back and sides yet add no bulk. Spigen thin fit makes the s10+ feel so good in hand. Just my 2 cents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz