Why are my photos all mixed up?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am using an Alcatel (not sure of the exact model, I just know it's older and my settings app doesn't allow me to view specifics). I moved photos from my "photos" album to a new album I created, and they all got mixed up. There is no option to sort by chronological order/date and when I went in to view the photo details, all the dates for the when the photos were taken were changed to when they were moved to the album. I did not hit "copy to album" either. None of the pictures appear in my normal "photos" album anymore, only in the new album. I can't find anything anymore

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, go to Settings>About Phone>Model Name/Number, and tell us which model you have. It'd be odd if you weren't allowed to get to that menu.

Second, which gallery app are you using to view the photos -- the stock Gallery app, or Google Photos, or something else?

Third, what did you use to move the photo files? A file manager app on the phone, or Windows Explorer on your PC, or something else?

Fourth, if you view one of the photos in your Gallery app and then tap the Info/Details option, does it show the correct date when it was taken there?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny