Why are (SOME) epic owners such cry babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok im gonna start this off by saying I know its not all of you epic guys... Some of you guys are really cool.... But some are just cry babies... I'm sure you fellow evo owners have seen how they act... Every time the Evo wins something for example the Popular Mechanics award that was mentioned today, they have to come on there and downplay the EVO... What happened to being on the same team??? I could go to their boards and their threads and talk about how the epic has issues and lag fixes, Price drops cuz they aren't selling as well, GPS problems, etc but I dont do that.. I really dont care enough... I think the epic is cool too but it just wasent for me... But I still think its cool and its does have nice hardware...

But why when we have a article I have to read stuff like this, when no one even mentioned the epic or knows when the article was written:

These news actually frustrate me. I had the evo for three months and the performance of the snapdragon does not compare in any way to the performance of the hummingbird. Also, my battery life on Epic since the new update triples my average with the evo that I used to have. The DI07 update screwed with battery life. Other wise, it is fantastic and many times better than the evo battery life.

"It doesn't frustrate me because I have an epic now, it just frustrates me because if reviewers managed to spend just 1 day with both devices, they would have found out that qualcomm does not make the best processor by any means. In fact, it makes the worst when compared to other processors in the market. Droi X performs better and has better battery life with TI's chip. Galaxy S phones also perform better and have longer life with the hummingbird. Apple's A4 outperforms it and offers better battery life.

I honestly do not understand why anyone would say that qualcomm makes a superior chip by any means. I have had two phones with qualcomm chips. I will never go back to that. I had the palm pixi at 600mhz qualcomm, and switched to palm pre with 500mhz TI and a huge difference in performance and battery life. I had evo with 1ghz qualcomm, now I have epic with 1ghz hummingbird. No comparison. At all."

Why cant we just get a congrats.... Nor does he mention that the evo was out prior to all those New processors... The snapdragen was in the freaking Nexus one.... I really wish people would stop crying all the time and just be happy with their phones... I come from a sports background where crying about every call or this and that gets u NO WHERE... If your outperformed in a area or lose 1 of many games just congratulate the other side... I really dont get it seeing as how we all own android phones!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sparda07

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
They are just angry at the fact that they have so many issues with their phone which, on paper, should be more or less the same as an Evo with a keyboard.

I personally don't care which is better, but I chose the Evo over the Epic because I liked the build quality of HTC phones and had no experience with Samsung products. I'm really glad I chose the Evo now after Epic users squirm with all the issues of the Epic.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i liked the evo while i had it but once my wife got an epic and i played with both, used both. i do use gaming and the HW keyboard a lot more then i ever thought i would. nothing wrong with the evo, just i personally liked the epic more and yes they have issues as do evo's. every phone will and i just accept it.I wouldnt say i have had any more or less problems than the evo. Probably less b/c the evo i had to root and hack with custom kernels to get everything to work the way i wanted it to. fps cap, b/c of that camera issues, app issues with different roms. The epic i rooted to have wifi and thats it. no custom roms or kernels.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
LOVE my Evo.

Saw the Epic and passed. I'm very glad that I'm an Evo user. I love HTC quality. I have had Samsung phones in the past; they're good, but HTC really feels more solid IMHO.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
hes saying yes he has an epic but quite a few of them over there dont know how to use google or the search button and want it to make a grilled cheese sandwich while they are using it

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Whats the point of this?

Must everything in this world be us vs. them?

Well thats what my rant was about.. If there is a article about the evo why must you come and make it a vs. thing... Well this article is dumb because the epic has this or that... I cant stand these articles... Why cant u just pass over the article or just say congrats... Why bash the evo in the process and make it evo vs. epic thing??

golferal

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Very timely that I happened to see this thread today. I just reactivated my EVO after switching to the Epic 3 weeks ago. Without turning this into a whole review, I will say the Epic does have a couple of big advantages over the EVO, but to me it's not as good overall. For example, the Epic's screen is gorgeous with rich blacks and vibrant colors, but I still prefer the extra real estate on the EVO. The Epic's video is much better than the EVO (no stuttering/ lost frames), but the EVOs still camera is WAY better. On the software side (not counting the 2.1 vs 2.2 issue), I would say it's about a draw, with the tiniest edge going to the EVO for it's Sense UI.

Physically, the EVO feels better and more substantial in my hand. Although solid and polished, the Epic feels plasticky by comparison and little things like the micro usb port being on the TOP of the Epic just seem like a bad design choice. Battery life on the EVO is substantially better (possibly due to Froyo) and the Epic takes FOREVER to get back to a full charge.

Overall, I can't knock someone for choosing either device. It's really just personal preference, especially if you must have a physical keyboard. I do think that a 4.3" screen is the new benchmark for mobile devices. Everything else feels like a toy by comparison!

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is just a stupid post. What's with the us versus them mentality over here? We all pretty much have the same phone phone - let's face it this is android central not samsung or HTC central.

And believe me, there was tons of whining about the problems our EVO had when it came out.

I don't even get the anti-iphone mentality here.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is just a stupid post. What's with the us versus them mentality over here? We all pretty much have the same phone phone - let's face it this is android central not samsung or HTC central.

And believe me, there was tons of whining about the problems our EVO had when it came out.

If post is so stupid..... why might you be wasting your life posting in it?
People are just expressing their opinions. right or wrong is in the eye of the beholder.

you don't get the anti iphone thing? who the hell wants to be stuck with one carrier?? and told what they can or can not do with their phone?

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Personally I dont think u read my post thoroughly... Unless you werent talking to me? If you were not disregard this post... IF you were, read my op again... Ill give u a do over... Matter of fact Ill point out that I said the same thing u said before u said it lol..

"I think the epic is cool too but it just wasent for me... But I still think its cool and its does have nice hardware..."

"I really wish people would stop crying all the time and just be happy with their phones... I come from a sports background where crying about every call or this and that gets u NO WHERE... If your outperformed in a area or lose 1 of many games just congratulate the other side... I really dont get it seeing as how we all own android phones!!"

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Phone fanboyism a bit more justifiable than your normal fanboyism, like in the console wars.

You know, because you can always buy an XBOX and PS3 to get the best of both, but it makes no sense to buy both an EVO and EPIC.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Phone fanboyism a bit more justifiable than your normal fanboyism, like in the console wars.

You know, because you can always buy an XBOX and PS3 to get the best of both, but it makes no sense to buy both an EVO and EPIC.

Its funny to me sometimes, like on engadget but this evo and epic thing is getting really old... Specially when we both run android.. Personally to tell u guys the truth im about a Loyal as a prostitute when it comes to phones:p... These are all the phones ive had since last june... I had the Pre, Iphone 3gs,HD2, then the evo which is the only one I decided to sign a contract for.. I dont see the point of being a fanboi because htc isnt going to give me anything different for chanting evo hooorraaaahhh then the new guy thats signing up for his first htc phone so whats the point.. Thats why I dont get the endless battle.. Especially when on the same platform... Different platforms ok whatever but dang the evo and epic are both android... At least I can understand ios vs, android battle a little more because its open vs. closed platform, One device vs, the multiple devices that come out on android, Streamlined updates vs spuratic updates, etc. Personally I think some people just like to reassure themselves that they bought the right phone... Seriously.. A person like me doesnt really care cuz as much as I love the evo (RIGHT NOW)... I can put money on it that I will not have this phone in 2 years lol

P.S. I love the Console wars... They crack me up!!

Last edited:

Estylo

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been with my Evo since the 1st week of release....I can't be more happier with this phone. I've been learning about it before it was even released and with all the rooting capabilities...that just blows my mind! Anyways....I love the latest update and I am currently running Vaelpak 2.2...I must say, the battery life is soooo good, I can't see anything wrong with the Evo unless u really care for the video camera (which is descent), the fps uncapping was the best thing to ever happen to the Evo. Honestly, even the Iphone 4 is a good phone, but since I was exposed to the Android world, there is no way in hell I would switch.....we are all free to customize anything we want with Androids, I really don't see the point in putting either phone down lol....leave it for the console boys!

sub150#AC

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Had the Epic for 30 days...returned for EVO on the 30th. So glad I did. First off, I gained 50 bucks. Second, the battery life on the EVO is much better, and it actually charges fast. Third, the EVO has better hardware.

The epic's keyboard was not good enough to even use. I used swype 99% of the time...can't wait for it to come to the market.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm a fan of the Evo because that's the phone I'm stuck with until my next upgrade next year. So my phone is the best. Please don't try and tell me otherwise or it will just hurt my feelings and I'll have to resort to calling you names to make me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick