Why can't I make my recorder app save to SD card?

jmk909er

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded several voice recorders to my LG G3 and they all indicate they save to the SD card or the default location can be the SD card, but when I download them they all default to phone storage. A couple apps let you change to the SD card but when you do the app will not work. Why can't I get any of them to save to SD card? Is it a permission thing with the phone or something?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded several voice recorders to my LG G3 and they all indicate they save to the SD card or the default location can be the SD card, but when I download them they all default to phone storage. A couple apps let you change to the SD card but when you do the app will not work. Why can't I get any of them to save to SD card? Is it a permission thing with the phone or something?

It could be a permission issue. Are you able to take a recording that is saved on the internal SD card and move it to the external with a file manager? That may be a workaround until you find a fix or app that works as desired.