Why did my Galaxy s6 suddenly stop working?

jacquieex98

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Before today my phone was working great. Yes it had gotten to be a little slower than when I got it in May but it was no big deal. Today I woke up and it said a photo sharing cable was plugged in and there was nothing plugged into it. So I restarted my phone and then it wouldn't keep any app open for more than 5 seconds and it would exit out of it and didn't let me use the back button but the left one and the home button still worked. It also keeps saying the dock is connected when it isn't and when I tried charging it it kept not charging after a couple of seconds. Restarted again and this problem continued and then my phone said it was overheating but it wasn't even hot and it would turn off and now every time I turn on the phone within 5 minutes it says it is overheating and shuts down but it is cool as a cucumber. Also it won't let me charge it because the battery is "too hot" and it's only at 30% so should I take it back to verizon?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that sounds like a hardware issue. Probably with either the USB port or, in the worst case, the motherboard. Either one warrant an exchange, so I'd take this in ASAP. Just remember to back up your data (try booting up in Safe Mode to avoid any third party apps interfering).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pratyaksh