Why do I keep getting this.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Every time I get a message from Facebook messenger I get this image pop up. It only started happening yesterday & I don't no how to stop it appearing. It's very annoying & as soon as I close the chat head & slide the chat head to the bottom of my screen to get rid of it the image disappears. Then it pops up again when I get another message. Please help.

Attachments

• 21443.jpg
    21443.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 79

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how messenger will work if you regulate the battery consumption. If you did, that should take away the message. But Messenger may not work as intended either. You might be able to hide the notification, by swiping slightly to the left, bringing up the settings icon.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Managed to bring this up. Dunno what to turn off as I do like that the phone tells me what app is using power.

Attachments

• 21445.jpg
    21445.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 69

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Clicking any of those will kill all notifications. Not sure how to counter restrictions to Messenger without hurting function.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
try just running in background.

messenger and Facebook app are battery HOGS.

use the web browser for a week and uninstall both Facebook and messenger and your battery life will almost double.

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Are you using Messenger to float on the home-screen? I see in the settings its allowed to draw over apps allowing it to float on the home screen and over some apps.

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Turn off Chat Heads in the Messenger setting app then it will no longer draw over other apps and use power. Or if you want Chat Heads but don't want the power notifications goto OS Settings>Battery>Gear icon at top right>turn off Power-Intensive Prompt