Why do most people hate TouchWiz?

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does almost everyone dislike TouchWiz? I'm just really really curious...

Honestly speaking, I have not experience the lag in tw that people were talking about. My S4 always opens flawlessly and tw is featured packed so why all the hate?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does almost everyone dislike TouchWiz? I'm just really really curious...

I don't hate touchwiz per say; i don't think its ugly either. I just dont like the cartoon-y icons. Plus i prefer Nova as my set launcher, i like customizing my icons. :thumbup::D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Honestly speaking, I have not experience the lag in tw that people were talking about. My S4 always opens flawlessly and tw is featured packed so why all the hate?

I hated it on my Galaxy Fascinate a few years ago because it wasn't so great then. But with my new s4 it's pretty great. I don't really have a problem with it.

I think people have their ui preferences just like they have their os ones. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via the AC Forums app

decepticlone

May 3, 2013
Visit site

There is nothing wrong with Touchwiz aside from it being slow in some respects. Yes, it is fast and the phone boots nice and quick, but some apps just kinda just slow down at times, sometimes only for an instant, other times longer especially when you're in a hurry. NovaLauncher is no different because it sits on top of Touchwiz. It's like my Mac days about 10 years ago. I was a Mac purist until I built my first PC and started noticing my fellow Mac fanatics just outright lying. They say Macs never crash! That is bull (at least back then). They would make that claim, their PowerMac would freeze and crash, then they'd say oh, well that never happens, though!

TouchWiz. Is. Slow. PERIOD. It lags and is lacking in customization. Just look at how people say pure Android runs like butter on the GS4 compared to Touchwiz. Otherwise, it is a fine phone. I love mine. :)

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

There is nothing wrong with Touchwiz aside from it being slow in some respects. Yes, it is fast and the phone boots nice and quick, but some apps just kinda just slow down at times, sometimes only for an instant, other times longer especially when you're in a hurry. NovaLauncher is no different because it sits on top of Touchwiz. It's like my Mac days about 10 years ago. I was a Mac purist until I built my first PC and started noticing my fellow Mac fanatics just outright lying. They say Macs never crash! That is bull (at least back then). They would make that claim, their PowerMac would freeze and crash, then they'd say oh, well that never happens, though!

TouchWiz. Is. Slow. PERIOD. It lags and is lacking in customization. Just look at how people say pure Android runs like butter on the GS4 compared to Touchwiz. Otherwise, it is a fine phone. I love mine. :)

Probably because I do not put so many useless widgets, which is what makes tw fast :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

skramblr

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

On why people buy this phone, instead of blaming ads or 'its the in thing' - how about my reason. This is the best premier phone on the market with the features I want. I considered HTC and Nexus. Many of the phone have similar features, but the two that tend to set galaxy apart are a removable battery and an external SD card. Without these I can't load all my music and a when my battery dies I don't want to have to run off an find an outlet (just swap out a battery).

On the interface - you can't please everyone with things like the look of these icons. So no matter what launcher you choose, someone will probably like another ROM instead.

On bloatware - Apps can be hidden and feature not enabled. So most things can be completely ignored. I think there are only two real arguments against bloatware. Memory Space - if you run out of internal memory due to loading many apps. Nobody mentioned this one. Once the ability to store apps on ext SD card comes back, hopefully that will be address. The other one is performance/lag issues. Some can be worked around (like disabling S Voice on the home button so it responds quicker). But others (like the phone 'dropping frames' as it's called in the video) cannot be worked around.

On features - someone mentioned the excellent samsung camera app (vs stock). But I've used custom ROMs before on my last couple of phones. The great thing about touchwiz - all the features work. If you use a more 'stock ROM', you can be left with hardware that is useless. This includes things like HDMI outputs not working, IR features missing, etc.

Personally, the whole screen pausing and 'dropped frame' issue is the single biggest annoyance (if actually cause by Touchwiz). I paid $600 for a top of the line phone and it can't even zoom and scroll. That's my pet peeve and the only reason I'll be checking out custom ROMs.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

I don't mind touchwiz I like it. I just don't like the preinstalled apps to many.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

After changing the animation frames, plus that first S4 update, my touchwiz lag has been nil. The only other thing I have done is I went to chrome beta over regular chrome because Chrome itself is laggy on some mobile versions of v-bulletin.

AshManMB

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

the only thing I myself cannot stand about the samsung ui is the sounds on the phone dialer. I don;t want to hear drops, just normal tones like every other phone.... I am ok with touchwiz, I have a tablet with vanilla androi that I use and it is also great.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site

the only thing I myself cannot stand about the samsung ui is the sounds on the phone dialer. I don;t want to hear drops, just normal tones like every other phone.... I am ok with touchwiz, I have a tablet with vanilla androi that I use and it is also great.

Just turn down the system volume..

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

You can disable the key tones. Go to settings>sounds and then uncheck key tones and dialler tone.

BKBayemi

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

It's not like they are buying it for touchwiz... They buy because of ads ads ads!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

True, but what keeps customers coming is a good product. Touchwhiz is a big part of this good product.

Posted via Android Central App

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

True, but what keeps customers coming is a good product. Touchwhiz is a big part of this good product.

Not really. Customers, for the most part, don't care one way or another. They just want "a droid" or "a galaxy" the fact of the matter is that most people won't use 99% of the stuff Samsung bakes in and it has become more clutter than features at this point.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Not really. Customers, for the most part, don't care one way or another. They just want "a droid" or "a galaxy" the fact of the matter is that most people won't use 99% of the stuff Samsung bakes in and it has become more clutter than features at this point.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That is really true. Many people buy it because it's a Samsung, but I buy it because of its performance and popularity :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

I hate Touch Wiz because it's ugly. It still looks like something from Gingerbread. HTC sense 5 looks fresh and modern. More closely matched Google holo theme. I like Samsung phones just wish I could do something with the UI

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I hate Touch Wiz because it's ugly. It still looks like something from Gingerbread. HTC sense 5 looks fresh and modern. More closely matched Google holo theme. I like Samsung phones just wish I could do something with the UI

You can download a custom launcher from play store.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

You can download a custom launcher from play store.

Nice suggestion, but the launcher won't theme your settings app or any other system apps.

You could also download replacements for those too, and if you want to pony up the cash for it super status bar +, let's you fully customize your status bar.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Nice suggestion, but the launcher won't theme your settings app or any other system apps.

You could also download replacements for those too, and if you want to pony up the cash for it super status bar +, let's you fully customize your status bar.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Can you recommend me some replacements to 'tune' my status bar? I'm using Nova Launcher Prime on my HP slate 7 and i want some mods.

anon(5844091)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

It's trendy to hate Touchwiz. I don't know why people love Sense 5 so much - that skinny font is disgusting and the icons are awful.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

It's trendy to hate Touchwiz. I don't know why people love Sense 5 so much - that skinny font is disgusting and the icons are awful.

It's just personal preference. But if you hate something because of the trend, then I really have nothing to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick