Why does my HTC ONE X die sometimes, and have great battery life other times??

M_Desveaux

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've had my AT&T HTC ONE X for about a year now, and for the most part, it's been awesome. However, lately it has been dying far too often when I'm coincidentally away from my house. When I'm AT my house for the day, my phone seems to have ridiculous life (only using 30% or so all day). But when I leave to go to work or do something else, it seems to just drain within a few hours. Specifically, today I was at work and it was literally just locked all day (full battery) and after about 3 hours I went to unlock it and it was already dead. I usually have WiFi and bluetooth turned off at all times, even at home. Is the battery toast, or am I possibly doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!

M_Desveaux

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and I have the "Easy Battery Saver" app (I think that's the name) installed and set to 'advanced mode'. It used to work great, but now I have this problem!

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Could be many factors: a rogue app, cell signal, data signal, etc.

For me, the lack of cell reception is the cause of my massive battery drain... if the phone is constantly searching for service, it will drain your battery.

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I travel all over the SE USA and have watched my HTCONE go in less than an hour and a note2 in 90mins. If you are between 2 towers you can show a good signal but the phone is working hard. I have had this on sprint and att. Also there is a lot of high energy electronic equipment where I am normally and this seems to affect battery life as I assume the phone is working harder to keep the signal through all the interference.
If it's at your work maybe look around and see if any new equipment has been installed.
Hope you find the problem and let us know if you fix it.
Andy

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

M_Desveaux

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Could be many factors: a rogue app, cell signal, data signal, etc.

For me, the lack of cell reception is the cause of my massive battery drain... if the phone is constantly searching for service, it will drain your battery.

I feel like this is the problem, I usually have bad reception at my work, so maybe it is constantly searching which would cause battery to go quickly. Does that mean I should just shut communications off while I'm not using it? I also feel like my Easy Battery Saver was already doing that.. I deleted all apps and reinstalled the few that I really need, and downloaded another battery saver app. Seems to be working great for now. I also downloaded a wakelock detector to see what wakelocks were on, and its mostly just messages (texts), Facebook, and Google+ which I don't even use. Will my phone be able to deep-sleep even with these as wake locks? Thank you for your response!

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
It's a known bug with this phone. What happens is it starts getting really hot around the camera lens and the battery drains rapidly. I don't think HTC has even acknowledged the problem so we don't know if it's hardware or software issues. You can stop it from draining the battery if you turn it off when it's hot(almost too hot to keep your finger on it). The problem is it almost always happens while you aren't using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12