Why does my keyboard default to English?

Guy0544

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody,

Before the recent 5.1 lollipop update everything seemed to work fine for me, but after the update for some reason when I type a message in Hebrew (I have English US and Hebrew enabled) and send it, the keyboard switches back to English and then I have to manually swipe the spacebar back to Hebrew after each time I send a message. Before the update the keyboard language would stay on Hebrew after I sent a message in Hebrew. It seems that the keyboard is defaulted to English because when I bring up the keyboard to type something it always comes up in English. I know its not that big of a deal, but when you get used to something its really hard to change and it would make everything simpler.

If anyone has a solution I would be glad to hear it.
Thanks, Guy.

barakooda

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Also here,
every new messege in whats up for example I need to switch to hebrew.
its turning back to English automatically after sending.

Yehuda Galili

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody,

Before the recent 5.1 lollipop update everything seemed to work fine for me, but after the update for some reason when I type a message in Hebrew (I have English US and Hebrew enabled) and send it, the keyboard switches back to English and then I have to manually swipe the spacebar back to Hebrew after each time I send a message. Before the update the keyboard language would stay on Hebrew after I sent a message in Hebrew. It seems that the keyboard is defaulted to English because when I bring up the keyboard to type something it always comes up in English. I know its not that big of a deal, but when you get used to something its really hard to change and it would make everything simpler.

If anyone has a solution I would be glad to hear it.
Thanks, Guy.

Note 5 update fixes the problem but for note 4 the switch back to english keyboard is still happening!!! Anyone figured out a way to stop the default to english, preferably on the note 4