Why does my microphone "voice to text" window freeze up on my screen?

A

AC Question

When using the factory messaging app, I tap the microphone at the bottom to use the voice to text, and a new "microphone window" pops up. When I'm finished texting if I don't close the "microphone window" it will freeze on the screen blocking the bottom potion of the screen. You cannot close the window when this happens. Everything works behind the microphone window, but it blocks the bottom of the screen. The only way to clear the microphone window off the screen is to reset the phone. I have performed the factory reset, and even replaced the phone under warranty. Please help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try with a different keyboard. Download a third party one from the Play Store, set it as default and see if the same problem persists. Google keyboard or SwiftKey would be my first options. Also you could try switching "voice input" off, reboot your phone and enable it again.

I think the S5 comes with the Samsung keyboard and Swype, right?

jashehan

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried changing keyboards, because it has always worked great with the factory installed board. I was hoping someone would be able to assist in fixing the problem instead of working around it. However, it looks like I may have to try working around it anyway. I have sent an email to Samsung and no reply yet.

happydude45

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine is having the same problem as of a week or so ago. Same thing - freezes up and blocks the lower third of the screen. Better then wife's, her voice option is dead. Click on the microphone and you immediately get an "unfortunately Google apps has stopped" error message.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar