Why does my voicemail app create a false alarm?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a moto g pure and everyday it shows a notification for an alarm at the top and on the lock screen. The alarm doesn't actually happen and there's no alarm set but the only way I can get it to go away is by deleting the storage of my voicemail app. However, I can't disable my voicemail app and a few hours later my voicemail updates or pushes a notification and the "alarm" comes back

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I get that, which is why I'm here asking the question of why do I essentially have a ghost alarm that isn't caused by my clock app but instead goes away when I clear storage on my voicemail app
It's possible that the voicemail app was installed by Boost. See if you can find any alarm setting in their specific app.

Aaron Wynne

Jun 20, 2022
Visit site
I can't seem to disable it, the option is grayed out and I can't locate it in the default apps either. It does say visual voicemail when I open it, otherwise it's just called voicemail. I couldn't find any clock or alarm settings in the app either.

On a side note, if I clear my voicemail storage and then relaunch the app the alarm icon immediately comes back. I also tried resetting visual voicemail through the app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can't seem to disable it, the option is grayed out and I can't locate it in the default apps either. It does say visual voicemail when I open it, otherwise it's just called voicemail. I couldn't find any clock or alarm settings in the app either.

On a side note, if I clear my voicemail storage and then relaunch the app the alarm icon immediately comes back. I also tried resetting visual voicemail through the app.
Are there any unread voicemail?
Can you post a screenshot of this app?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress