Why does stock weather widget disappear?

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I really like the stock Pixel weather widget but it works for a few days and then disappears for a few. Anybody else have this problem?

This is a new phone for me. I've owned a P2 and P3 but I don't remember having this issue before.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I haven't seen the widget completely disappear on my 4XL, but I did have an issue a while back where the weather data disappeared and would not display. A reset of the Google app > and phone reboot fixed it for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't seen the widget completely disappear on my 4XL, but I did have an issue a while back where the weather data disappeared and would not display. A reset of the Google app > and phone reboot fixes it for me.
Good choice to start with

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen the widget completely disappear on my 4XL, but I did have an issue a while back where the weather data disappeared and would not display. A reset of the Google app > and phone reboot fixed it for me.
I force stopped the launcher, per Mustang's suggestion, and then rebooted, but it's still not there.

How do I reset the Google app? --And which Google app??

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Ok let us know
It disappeared again today so I launched a support chat. This is what they said:

"Thanks for your patience and taking the time to report this issue. Our engineers have identified a fix that will be included in a future release. I don’t have a timeline to offer on when the fix will go live, but it is something we’re working on."

Its interesting that they knew about the issue but that the issue isn't widespread. I'd be really curious to know if other AC forum people have had this issue and, if so, for how long. Because this is a brand new phone for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It disappeared again today so I launched a support chat. This is what they said:

"Thanks for your patience and taking the time to report this issue. Our engineers have identified a fix that will be included in a future release. I don’t have a timeline to offer on when the fix will go live, but it is something we’re working on."

Its interesting that they knew about the issue but that the issue isn't widespread. I'd be really curious to know if other AC forum people have had this issue and, if so, for how long. Because this is a brand new phone for me.
Thank you for sharing, did you try reset Google app and possibly Uninstall the update to it ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh wait, I reset the Google app, but I didn't actually uninstall the update. Are you talking about Android 11, or a security patch? I have no idea how to uninstall either.
If you long press the Google app then tap info, in the upper right corner 3 dots tap , it says Uninstall ?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening on mine since I got it last Black Friday. Someone once said it might be due to me turning off location sharing. The only ways I can get it back without restarting the phone is just opening up and closing the Google App... OR long pressing to bring up the widgets, then dragging the Google At A Glance widget just below. The weather comes back, and then you can remove the widget you just added.

I also want to add the weather always disappears when leave my house and get off Wi-Fi. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen the weather when I'm out and about on cellular data? Maybe it is a location sharing glitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali