Why does the Verizon Message+ app jumps to oldest message in thread?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just started doing this within the last couple of days. When opening any thread of messages it jumps all the way to the oldest message. I can click the button to have to jump to the bottom but I would rather not have to do that every time. I have uninstalled all updates and reinstalled them and still the problem exists. I have also restarted the phone, as well as turned the phone off. Still no fix. I am using the Galaxy Note 8

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
That's weird. Mine doesn't do that. When I open a thread with unread messages, it jumps to the oldest unread message. If there are no unread messages, then it goes to the most recent message. I can't find anywhere in the settings that would allow you to change that behavior.

Update: I just had it happen. It seems to only happen if you have Messages+ open and in a thread and the screen locks. I had a message thread open, I set my phone down and let the screen lock. When I unlocked the screen it took me to the oldest message in the thread that I had open when the screen locked.

Is that the behavior you are talking about?

JimJam5x

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
That's weird. Mine doesn't do that. When I open a thread with unread messages, it jumps to the oldest unread message. If there are no unread messages, then it goes to the most recent message. I can't find anywhere in the settings that would allow you to change that behavior.

Update: I just had it happen. It seems to only happen if you have Messages+ open and in a thread and the screen locks. I had a message thread open, I set my phone down and let the screen lock. When I unlocked the screen it took me to the oldest message in the thread that I had open when the screen locked.

Is that the behavior you are talking about?

Yes that is the behavior that mine is currently doing, however, mine does it all the time. Thank you for the reply though!

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
same thing. just back button to the chat list then go back in to the conversation and it will be at the bottom. must have changed in the recent update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware