Why does this excellent tablet rarely get spoken about?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just received mine a couple of days ago and I opted for the 64g that comes some powerful and good sounding earpieces. The tablet is lightning fast, 4gs of ram, very upper end screen resolution and very much an alternative to the iPad pro even but yet hardly any have even realized this. It's by far one of the very small few Android tablets that are worthy of buying and is just as superior to the other maybe two Android tablets but they have a much too high price point. Is this tablet simply too new or is it that a lot of people dislike the EMUI 4.1 which most of those same people haven't even tried this great software and think it bad bc a few didn't like it. This is an excellent tablet at a even better price point for everything you get from it. Thoughts anyone?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you totally. I picked up the 32 GB version from Amazon, and I really love it. I think one reason is not getting so much love is that there's nowhere you can go to check it out. Go to Best Buy, and the only non-Apple products on display are Samsung, Amazon Fire, and Insignia (Best Buy models).

I initially started with an Asus Zenpad S 8 that was only $130 on Black Friday, but I found it had high battery drain, and really disliked the UI. Returned it for the MediaPad M3. This really sips battery juice, and had a beautiful, snappy display. Not a huge fan of EMUI 4.1, but Nova is working fine for me, and hopefully 5.0 will arrive soon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tablet sales and popularity in general have been declining over the past couple of years, so that's probably part of it.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you totally. I picked up the 32 GB version from Amazon, and I really love it. I think one reason is not getting so much love is that there's nowhere you can go to check it out. Go to Best Buy, and the only non-Apple products on display are Samsung, Amazon Fire, and Insignia (Best Buy models).

I initially started with an Asus Zenpad S 8 that was only $130 on Black Friday, but I found it had high battery drain, and really disliked the UI. Returned it for the MediaPad M3. This really sips battery juice, and had a beautiful, snappy display. Not a huge fan of EMUI 4.1, but Nova is working fine for me, and hopefully 5.0 will arrive soon.

Wow! That's too ironic as I too sent my Asus Zenpad S 8.0 back to Amazon and ordered the Huawei media pad 3 but in the 64g. It came with some awesome sound quality earphones that I sometimes use for movies when I'm not using my JBL speaker. I have found this tablet to be on par with the iPad pro which I've owned several times. This tablet is lightning quick with HD type high resolution. I've not found hardly any flaw with this device. I also have the Honor 8 I use and now Android Central chose me to win a free honor 5X. All my devices are Huawei honor and now I'm looking at the mate 9. It's 5.9 inch screen is exactly what I want for my second phone.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow! That's too ironic as I too sent my Asus Zenpad S 8.0 back to Amazon and ordered the Huawei media pad 3 but in the 64g. It came with some awesome sound quality earphones that I sometimes use for movies when I'm not using my JBL speaker. I have found this tablet to be on par with the iPad pro which I've owned several times. This tablet is lightning quick with HD type high resolution. I've not found hardly any flaw with this device. I also have the Honor 8 I use and now Android Central chose me to win a free honor 5X. All my devices are Huawei honor and now I'm looking at the mate 9. It's 5.9 inch screen is exactly what I want for my second phone.
That's great! I also have a Huawei Watch. Still using LG G5 for my phone, tho...

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
OMG I got this today, are you serious??? I love it, I can't believe it has the home button like the iPhone, they touted was so innovative?? I started with the Mate 8, I loved the Huawei so much, I started looking at what else they made. I have the watch (the flashy one of course) and just got the MediaPad.

I had a Google Pixel C for a minute, I had to send it back 15 minutes after starting it up. While I was waiting for my replacement, I got curious. Now I also saved myself 300 bucks.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
OMG I got this today, are you serious??? I love it, I can't believe it has the home button like the iPhone, they touted was so innovative?? I started with the Mate 8, I loved the Huawei so much, I started looking at what else they made. I have the watch (the flashy one of course) and just got the MediaPad.

I had a Google Pixel C for a minute, I had to send it back 15 minutes after starting it up. While I was waiting for my replacement, I got curious. Now I also saved myself 300 bucks.

I'm telling you that Huawei Honor is very much a threat in the very near future to all Android devices and as well to Apple. I'd say give Huawei two more years of precense here in the United States and allow people to test or handle their products and you will see a company explode here. Let's all hope they stay loyal to their customers who are currently putting them on the map and they don't allow greed to impact their roots and I assure you they will become the top selling Android over Samsung. They from my thorough experience with all other Android flagship and bring an exclusive apple user for years, will very soon be at the top or equal to the top. Remember my post. Two years more of US based precense and they will skyrocket to the top. I use an Honor 8 as my daily phone. I have my eyes on the Huawei Mate 9 right now. Android Central just sent me a brand new Honor 5X which I've yet to open and test it for review here but I already know it's not their upper level flagship but however it's an impressive device for a retail of $200 dollars. Huawei Honor pays close attention to detail, the small subtle details that consumers will soon recognize like I do to be HUGE. This MediaPad 3 is every bit as good as the Apple iPad pro 9.7 as I've owned that iPad three times. I will not let go of this one though until Huawei releases their next upgraded model. This tablet has zero lag and is FAST. It offers High Screen Resolution and has 4g of ram. I opted for the 64gig bc I wanted their small earphones which by the way combined with this tablets sound system they are awesome. I've already watched two movies with them and there is zero background noise. It's clear and totally crisp. I recommend to anyone picking a pair of these earphones up. You will be blown away. Congrats on your new tablet and for now a hidden secret in the tech world but watch and see, they are very close to exploding here in the US and when they do it will be rightfully deserved. They make the very best product I've personally tested real world experience. I just hope they don't increase their pricing by way of the professional have to attitude of companies such as Apple, Samsung and Google. I'd put the Honor 8 up to any of those flagships in a second and it would easily holds its weight as a major player. We all need to enjoy their awesome prices while we can I'm afraid. I know I'm a huge factual fan from experience. All my tech is Huawei Honor.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Which size did you get? I got the 32 GB, but now regret not kicking in another $50 for the 64 GB. I've heard the headphones that come with that are pretty sweet...

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Which size did you get? I got the 32 GB, but now regret not kicking in another $50 for the 64 GB. I've heard the headphones that come with that are pretty sweet...

32gb, and I stuck a 128gb card in it. I couldn't find where they sold the tablet with the headphones, and on top of it I can't even find the headphones that they specifically made for Huawei.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I opted for the 64g and the earphones are of the best non wireless I've ever used. I don't even hardly use my external JBL speakers anymore. They used to be on Honor's site but I've not checked lately. If you do manage to get these bad boys, you are in for a treat! The sound quality is awesome!!!!!!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
To add another aspect of this amazing tablet is that it appears to be much larger than 8.4 and more like the 9.7 if you guys haven't already noticed. It's how the screen ratio defaults to compared to other typical tablets. Huawei is on a highway to strong US sales very soon!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I was very pleasantly surprised to see the total size was not much larger than my Nexus 7 2013. The smaller bezels around all four sides have something to do with that. Very happy!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people are brand addicts and so they do not want to branch out and try something new. They need to have "what everyone else has." That is one of the unfortunate variables that plays into a buyer's mind when they are making purchasing decisions.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There are certainly fewer choices out there for 7" to 8" Android tablets, unless you go with Samsung. Frankly, their UI is just too much for me.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've actually found that this tablet isn't really that much different in appeared size to the iPad pro 9.7. I also strongly stand behind my words that this tablet easily competes with the iPad pro as well. It's very quick. Zero lag. Resolution upper end .Software interface every bit as seamless as IOS. Three years max, Huawei Honor is in the top two or three major players in the mobile tech world. I strongly believe that is going to happen. Their product is just that excellent in all facets.

Master of Surgery

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm telling you that Huawei Honor is very much a threat in the very near future to all Android devices and as well to Apple. I'd say give Huawei two more years of precense here in the United States and allow people to test or handle their products and you will see a company explode here. Let's all hope they stay loyal to their customers who are currently putting them on the map and they don't allow greed to impact their roots and I assure you they will become the top selling Android over Samsung. They from my thorough experience with all other Android flagship and bring an exclusive apple user for years, will very soon be at the top or equal to the top. Remember my post. Two years more of US based precense and they will skyrocket to the top. I use an Honor 8 as my daily phone. I have my eyes on the Huawei Mate 9 right now. Android Central just sent me a brand new Honor 5X which I've yet to open and test it for review here but I already know it's not their upper level flagship but however it's an impressive device for a retail of $200 dollars. Huawei Honor pays close attention to detail, the small subtle details that consumers will soon recognize like I do to be HUGE. This MediaPad 3 is every bit as good as the Apple iPad pro 9.7 as I've owned that iPad three times. I will not let go of this one though until Huawei releases their next upgraded model. This tablet has zero lag and is FAST. It offers High Screen Resolution and has 4g of ram. I opted for the 64gig bc I wanted their small earphones which by the way combined with this tablets sound system they are awesome. I've already watched two movies with them and there is zero background noise. It's clear and totally crisp. I recommend to anyone picking a pair of these earphones up. You will be blown away. Congrats on your new tablet and for now a hidden secret in the tech world but watch and see, they are very close to exploding here in the US and when they do it will be rightfully deserved. They make the very best product I've personally tested real world experience. I just hope they don't increase their pricing by way of the professional have to attitude of companies such as Apple, Samsung and Google. I'd put the Honor 8 up to any of those flagships in a second and it would easily holds its weight as a major player. We all need to enjoy their awesome prices while we can I'm afraid. I know I'm a huge factual fan from experience. All my tech is Huawei Honor.

Couldn't agree more. I've been a huge fan of what the top Chinese Mobile Tech companies have done in the last couple of years. I also believe Huawei has the resources and devices to make a HUGE presence here in North America.