Why don't any ringtones (system, downloaded or converted) work?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just recently (I don't know when), my Nokia 3 running Oreo 8.1 won't allow me to set any ringtones. When I do, it just defaults back to a certain ringtone, but not the Nokia tune. I change it to a different system ringtone but it changes back. I use ringtones that I create from songs I download from Snaptube but it changes back. It used to be just fine before. I'm getting frustrated because this particular ringtone is silent and I really want to use a custom tone. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I'm constantly using do not disturb? Should I be cutting my downloaded songs - are they too big in terms of file size?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Just recently (I don't know when), my Nokia 3 running Oreo 8.1 won't allow me to set any ringtones. When I do, it just defaults back to a certain ringtone, but not the Nokia tune. I change it to a different system ringtone but it changes back. I use ringtones that I create from songs I download from Snaptube but it changes back. It used to be just fine before. I'm getting frustrated because this particular ringtone is silent and I really want to use a custom tone. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I'm constantly using do not disturb? Should I be cutting my downloaded songs - are they too big in terms of file size?
Could be a few things. 1st, clear the cache partition and reboot.
Are you saving after selecting your new ring tone? Are you saving your own ring tones to internal storage or an SD card?

sd4f

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site

I've got a nokia 8, and at times, my notification sounds revert to some other one. It seems to me that the custom ringtones are a layer above the standard ones, and for some reason, sometimes it doesn't run the program.

Reading about the evanwell apps preloaded into nokia phones, I'm not sure whether it's affected by the very aggressive app killers baked into nokia phones. I don't have a clue, but the evanwell stuff has been blamed for other problems.

Notifications and apps that run a widget in the notification tray run really poorly if they've been inactive for a while. Also if the app is on top, while the lock screen engaged, it tends to not send a notification at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia