Why has Parallax or 3D effect stopped working on my Samsung S6 Edge?

Abz Koyar

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
parallax or 3D effect stopped working on Samsung S6 Edge

Hi, Im in the UK
I dont know if anyone else is having this problem, but after I updated my Samsung edge to lollipop 5.1.1 , it seems that the parallax effect or the 3D effect has stopped working. I know that if I hold on the home screen and click the wallpaper settings, I get a little toggle which switches the motion effect on/off. But what ever I do it still makes no difference to the home screen. it still stays the same. Is there something that I am missing or can I downgrade to lollipop 5.0?

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: parallax or 3D effect stopped working on Samsung S6 Edge

Hi Abz,

It is correct. Since the last lollipop update the parallax 3D effect is gone. This is a bug in lollipop version 5.1.1. There's no fix atm. You can't do a downgrade. Even if you decide to set factory the lollipop version will be 5.1.1. I've contact Samsung 2 weeks ago about this issue and they did answer. The bug is also reported to Android. Hopefully they will work on it. We have to wait. It's not working on my phone either but that's okay. The rest is working properly.

Regards
David

Posted via the Android Central App

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

Hello Abz,

Maybe this might be good news for you :

There is another way to get back the parallax 3D effect.
Go to your google store and search for "3D parallax background."

After you install this app, you must search in the settings and activate parallax. There is also a way to set the way how fast icons can move over your screen.

It works now here on my phone. You can choose a background from the app itself, or you can select your own background wallpaper.

Good luck. It works great now!

David

davidwilling

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Since you downloaded the 3D Parallax app, has it affected the battery life at all? I ma quite keen to get it but not to the detriment of the battery.
Thanks.

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

Hi Davidwilling,

The 3D background app is working properly and the battery is fine. I see no problems here. I also have more news since today. Today I received a new lollipop update. This time android did a fix. I still have the 3D app on my phone but now the parallax effect on Android is just working again. So maybe be patient until you receive the message for a new update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere