Why I think no removable batter/MicroSD is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That would be nice, but I also think it would be a first for a flagship device to go that much smaller. With the LG G3 being a 5.5" screen, I think they would have to drop to at least a 5.2" screen (taking into account their dislike for bevels, but still needing space for components). It is a nice thought, but I haven't found LG products to be enticing enough to wait around for, but I know others are anxiously awaiting them.

I didn't find LG products enticing either coming mostly from all Samsung products but when I saw and played with the G2 and then bought the G3 last year, I've been very impressed with what they've done and are heading with their cell phones. They're doing good things and hopefully they can continue this success moving forward this year.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
At least you acknowledge that Samsung can lose a lot of customers over this.

This is why it makes sense to offer two versions of the Samsung Galaxy S6. Customers that want a removable battery and micro SD support will buy one version. Those who don't will buy the other version. This way Samsung doesn't lose any customers.

They will be bring out a active gs6 later for all you who think they need SD slot and removable battery the average person does not care bout all that I work with a bunch of Samsung user that have the latest version almost 99% of them have never even gave it a thought they wanted the phone because they think it's cool why do you think they sale so many iPhone

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
They will be bring out a active gs6 later for all you who think they need SD slot and removable battery the average person does not care bout all that I work with a bunch of Samsung user that have the latest version almost 99% of them have never even gave it a thought they wanted the phone because they think it's cool why do you think they sale so many iPhone

#gettingold

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. What is the statue of limitations on hearing from the expandable storage and swappable battery anonymous? They need a 12 step program.

STEP 1: Take a deep breath.

STEP 2: Embrace reality. Both features will NOT be in GS6.

STEP 3: Look forward to other improvements and updated features of the GS6.

STEP 4: Take another deep cleansing breath.

Repeat Steps 1 to 4 three times each time the urge to post about these features being excluded arises.

NEWSFLASH. Samsung includes great new features and functionality in the GS6 and NO expandable battery because of rapid charging and dual wireless charging formats as well as slimmed down TouchWiz with more energy efficient chipsets and QHD screens and DDR4 RAM. Cloud storage and streaming services as well 32GB, 64GB and 128GB onboard storage makes external cards less necessary. If this crew can keep going on about these features, maybe if those who are tired of hearing about it can repeat our opinions.

It's OK to share your feelings and opinions about these two features not being included but FIVE days is long enough to get through the grief stages to acceptance.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a 6 month old iPod Classic before they killed it off, guess what I rarely use it since I have satellite radio in my car plus I can tie in my Google Play Music on my 30GB AT&T Data plan so lack of microSD is not a deal breaker. Faster internal storage has been the selling feature of iphones for years and its been selling them. I have a 6 Plus and gladly will pay the additional payments on my Next plan to swap very early to get an S6 Edge with 128GB of storage, no 128GB no swap.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
More positives. VZW is offering all three storage flavors and pre-orders start on April 1st. This gives me hope that AT&T will follow suit and announce pre-orders soon.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
More positives. Phonesuit and Mophie Juicepack announced as charging accessories when you are on the go with no wall plugs in site.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Another positive. Otterbox is going to have the Defender, Commuter and Symmetry cases. Also hoping for the Preserver case.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
More positives. VZW is offering all three storage flavors and pre-orders start on April 1st. This gives me hope that AT&T will follow suit and announce pre-orders soon.

I haven't been able to find confirmation of this anywhere, what's your source?

Glenn Sager

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Again, where did I tell you how to use your phone? You interpreted what I said the way YOU wanted to hear me say it. This is your problem, not mine.

They are not needed by the way. The phone will function with out them. A single battery is needed, and the internal memory is needed. The add ons are ADD ONs. They are ADDED ON, AFTER the fact, therefore not NEEDED.

I capitalized the important bits, I want to emphasize, just in case you want to interpret what I said, again, to suit your own point.

EDIT: Having one copy of anything important enough to keep is bad. Don't know what to tell you; Having all of your stuff on a phone, which is easily destroyed, and only having one copy of all your stuff on it, is bad. It's not my concern what you do personally. That doesn't change the fact that pohones are not secure, easy to lose, and backing up data is a big deal. Therefore, having a full SD of important stuff, with no back up is bad. Sorry.

You have made your point. You enjoy having less options as long as it is something you feel you do not need. I will buy phones with the things i feel are needed.

No one said they had only one copy. The original person who said they had all that on the SD card never claimed that was their only copy. Yes I agree that having one copy of anything even slightly important is not a good idea. Luckily SD cards do not require you to destroy all other copies in order to use them.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Another positive. Otterbox is going to have the Defender, Commuter and Symmetry cases. Also hoping for the Preserver case.

I was actually just wondering about some kind of case that also can double as a juice pack.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
STEP 1: Take a deep breath.

STEP 2: Embrace reality. Both features will NOT be in GS6.

This is the way this thread has gone. Samsung does X. WE WILL BE ASSIMILATED. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Well, not exactly. I'm not married to Samsung. I didn't swear to love, honor and cherish until death do us part. I'm just a customer. Here is how I will embrace reality: look for a different phone or different company. My life revolved around Samsung because it met my needs so well. If, when I next upgrade, they no longer do, adios, au revoir, bye-bye. Now, that's reality in a free market.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was actually just wondering about some kind of case that also can double as a juice pack.

I think Mophie even had a battery case for the S5. What I'm wondering is if they might have one with SD support for the S6. That could soften the blow for a lot of folks.

G3 📱🍭

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I think Mophie even had a battery case for the S5. What I'm wondering is if they might have one with SD support for the S6. That could soften the blow for a lot of folks.

G3 ????????????

A 64gb dual USB might fit the bill for those that still need something.

61dxDqipzxL._SL1100_.jpg

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This may be useful too for folks that really need SD support

f04ffcf98821fe754b791ee41b3cb640.jpg

G3 📱🍭

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Phonesuit and Mophie Juicepack announced that they are available for those missing the swappable battery.

Resistance is NOT futile. My point has always been to embrace change and adapt in a positive way. I am not always willing to do with fewer features and blindly accept whatever Samsung sells. I passed on the GS5 because I was disappointed in the small incremental improvements. Samsung appears to have heard their customers.

QHD display vs 1080p

Exynos 7420 14nm vs Snapdragon 810 20nm

UPS quick storage

Slimmed down TouchWiz

3GB DDR4 RAM vs 1GB DDR3 RAM

16MP\5MP cameras with auto HD and OIS and better low light capabilities

Gorilla Glass 4 vs Gorilla Glass 3

Aluminum uni-body vs frame or faux metal aka plastic.

I personally admire companies that embrace a new direction and admit that complacency mired them in incremental upgrades which apparently those battery/storage outrage brigade are happy with. That's great if you believe that but they need to move on to the Upcoming Device sub-forum which I am sure Samsung is watching. We are interested to see based on positive discussion and facts if our interest in GS6 translates into purchase satisfaction.

More positive points.

IR sensor for better pictures

NFC/MST mobile payment

Improved 4G LTE radio

Status
Not open for further replies.