Why is all my calls going straight to voicemail on the samsung note 9 since the new pie update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Since the new pie update all my call go straight to voicemail if I'm not looking at my phone I won't know someone has called unless they leave a voicemail or I look at my call log. I have checked call reject block list .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try calling your phone from another line and look at the screen -- does it show the incoming call screen but doesn't make an audible ringtone? Or do you only see a Missed Call notification after you hang up?

co03stars

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site
I am having the same issue with samsung s9+. Calls go straight to voicemail. I can see the call line flash across the screen and disappear as if I rejected or blocked caller. check call log and shows as rejected. I have checked my block list numbers not listed. It happens regardless of whether it is a known contact or not.

The issue happened immediately after the update to pie.

Can make outgoing calls no problem. Have tried network reset as advised by Samsung. Also tried it in safe mode. worked fine but can't access my important apps. Not sure next step to resolve.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do Not Disturb is off, correct?

If it doesn't happen in Safe Mode, you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Wallly

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy s9. Ever since it was updated to Pie 9.0 all incoming calls go to voicemail. Suggestion I already check is to see airplane and do not disturb is off. In another column I read that powering the phone off, waiting 90 sec, and rebooting fixes the problem. This does fix it immediately after booting up but within a minute all call immediately go to voicemail. Still seeking a solution or a fix to the Pie 9.0. Phone is currently useless if I don't even know a call comes in.

Wallly

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Just after posting my last entry I kept thinking of things that might affect incoming phone calls. Since I have been receiving a lot of spam I was using the app "Should I Answer" in reading the notes for this app it seems they have updated the app for newer phones. You can follow the link in the notes or in the Google Play Store "Should I Answer 2019" after uninstalling the old and installing the new version it now seems to be working correctly.

damiroor

May 5, 2019
Visit site
I am having the same issue immediately after updating to Pie. I will be looking at my screen when someone is calling but there is no notification that a call is coming in until I get a notification for a voicemail. I am not even getting missed call notifications for these calls that are not ringing. I do not have do not disturb on and none of the numbers are blocked. This makes the phone unusable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you guys checked in the phone app settings, block numbers make sure unknown is not checked, and call forwarding settings?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a number of threads about this, and it sounds like call filtering apps (typically from the carrier) are at least partly to blame. Which carrier do you have?

hmd1

Jun 4, 2019
Visit site
I have the same issue on note 8. Since the update all my calls are going to voice mail.

I have this issue ongoing for a lot longer than I realised, never even realised I was missing calls as they weren't showing as missed calls. I thought it was just my signal dropping out that caused some of the voicemails I got, to have not rung before going voicemail. It was not though, it was a software issue. I have resolved it and all my calls now make my phone ring. I deleted every single app I had installed for the past 2 months since it first started happening, and am now getting all my calls. I had no phone or voice mail apps, so it wasn't an app related to my calls that had been causing the issues, but sorry, I don't know which app it was. Most of them were game apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@hmd1, in the future if anything like that happens, just restart into safe mode - that disables all the apps you've installed. If that fixes whatever problem you're trying to fix, try to uninstall the apps in the reverse order in which they were installed - you may find that the last one, or the one before that one is the culprit, saving yourself a lot of work. (And if you're uninstalling apps, back them up first - App Backup & Restore is a good app for that. Then you have all the .apk files, and tapping an .apk file installs the app.)

Bjorg P

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
This has been a very frustrating week with the same issue, but if your carrier is T-Mobile I finally found the solution with the help of an employee. The T-Mobile Name ID app does not work with Android Pie - it incorrectly flags all calls as likely scam and they get sent to voicemail almost immediately. The solution listed in the T-Mobile employee knowledge base says to upgrade the Name ID app, but there was no available upgrade so we uninstalled it and immediately the phone could receive calls again.

So, if you use T-Mobile, uninstall the T-Mobile Name ID app. If you are on another carrier, perhaps check if you have an app that rejects scam calls and try removing/disabling it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo