Why is my battery life is being drained after Oct. 24, 20 update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Why is my battery life is being drained after my latest update on Oct 24, 2020? I wake up at 5 am I have a 100% charge, I take it off charge, dont use it and by 8 am I only have 59%?? My phone is 2 yrs and the same thing happened with my last Galaxy S8. On my Galaxy S10, I've set every tip to save battery life, set up an auto restart, deleted apps nothing is working. I think it is a racket, for the consumer gets tired of dealing with it and they buy a new device, for it only to happen again 2 years later, heck Sprint/TMobile are already calling me about upgrading. Not gonna be a slave to be forced to get a new device. Aggravating!!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Why is my battery life is being drained after my latest update on Oct 24, 2020? I wake up at 5 am I have a 100% charge, I take it off charge, dont use it and by 8 am I only have 59%?? My phone is 2 yrs and the same thing happened with my last Galaxy S8. On my Galaxy S10, I've set every tip to save battery life, set up an auto restart, deleted apps nothing is working. I think it is a racket, for the consumer gets tired of dealing with it and they buy a new device, for it only to happen again 2 years later, heck Sprint/TMobile are already calling me about upgrading. Not gonna be a slave to be forced to get a new device. Aggravating!!

Clear the cache partition like Mustang suggested.... I do it after every update and have never had an issue. Also do it regularly if you install/uninstall lots of apps. Even updating apps from the play store can eventually start slowing your phone down and draining the battery quicker, so doing regular cache partition wipes is good maintenance.

And the most important thing I've found is only install apps you're actually going to use..... the more apps you run the quicker your phone will die.