Why is my phone receiving texts in 11 digits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lml2225

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: my number had extra digits when i text someone and they cant reply

It only happens when I text a certain person. So I. Think it may be their phone but I still need it fixed

Ddavis91

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone is receiving texts in 11 digits

I'm having the same issue with my straight talk att sim T-mobile note 4. I'm guessing the problem is with at&t

Last edited:

Ashley Randall

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

My phone is doing the same thing! As of this morning every text message I send to a contact goes through fine but the reply message is an 11 digit number (there's an extra 1 at the beginning ie. 11555-555-5555) I have a Samsung galaxy s4 through straight talk HELPPPP

brookeage77

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

This just started happening to me this morning as well on my samsung S3. My boyfriend's number has an extra one at the front. I know its him but I can't reply...! I have to send a new text.

pumptheac

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

This had been happening to me to! I think it has to do with go sms pro. When I use the default messenger it doesn't happen.

Robert Barham

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

So far this morning I got 3 texts from 3 different people and they all have the same problem an extra 1. But before it was creating a new thread with the extra 1. But now it's just switching it in the one thread and adding in the 1. So to reply I have to start a new text every time I want to reply.

Robert Barham

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Forgot to mention in my last post I have a galaxy s6 edge. Friends who have galaxy's don't have the problem (yet)

Rohan Singh6

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Messaging Issue

I have a Galaxy S4 and when I receive a message from my one of my contacts the text I receive back from the contact comes from their number with an extra 1 at the start. So for example if my contacts number is 1-999-999-9999, I receive a text back from the person and it comes back as the number 11-999-999-9999. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank You

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Stock messaging screwed up

been on lollipop since release , no issues till this morning....when I get a response from someone it opens a new thread? then I noticed the new thread has an additional # 1 added to the phone # so when I respond in new thread the message returns an error and does not send...anyone else experience this? rebooted phone but have tried anything else yet, still does it

tm14000

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Same thing is happening to me this morning a 1 being added to the front of the text number. When I reply back I get an error of course, I can reply to the correct number without the 1 in front and that works find. The sender is unaware of this happening. In my case I'm using a Samsung and the texting person an iPhone.

A

AC Question

Texts coming back in own convo box

My S5 active has just started creating a new text box for random contacts responses to my texts. In that new box, it adds an extra "1" in the number, so i cant reply back and have two boxes - one for my texts, one for my contacts'. Has anyone else experienced this????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss