Why is my Samsung Galaxy S5 mini battery draining so fast?!

Harry Clarke1

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
My battery is going down at about 5% every 20 minutes and I only got it 6 days ago! :( Here are some details about the phone:
Power Saving Mode: Yes
Wi-Fi, GPS etc off when not in use?: Yes
Brightness: 10%

Battery usage information:
Screen: 37% (I'm sorta guessing this is the problem, I have no live wallpapers just the wallpapers that were default)
Android System: 14%
com.android.chrome.sandboxe...(the rest got cut off)
Wifi 7% (it is currently off)
Chrome 6%
Cell Standby: 6%
Android OS: 5%
Google Play services: 4%
Device idle: 3%

The graph in History details is significantly high so whether this is something that affects it.
I don't really know much about the ins and outs of phones, so if anyone has anything to help me fix my phone thank you so much... I really like this phone and it would be a shame to give it away :( If you need anymore info just ask :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help if you do the following: Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

JiffT

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Since receiving my phone back after checking by Samsung following crashes. I've been closely monitoring my battery. I attach a snapshot of the data

Battery use record.jpg

It shows with minimal use (no phone) I can get 5 days to 20% of the battery .

If I start using the phone & WiFi the battery life drops off to about 4 1/2 days to 20%

The biggest killer though was using the stopwatch & calculator which has the screen on all the time. I may just get 2 days to 20% battery. The screen use doubled and the Cell standby % nearly halved though still roughly the same time per day (not shown).

The killer for me is the screen. I always lock the phone before putting it in my pocket. This stops unnecessary wake time.

I'n not a heavy user as I'm retired but if I was at work & using this I doubt it'd last a day. My Nokia E90 was fantastic nearly a week on one charge. A big heavy thing but I didn't mind the extra grams as I new it wouldn't fail me I had it for 6 1/2 years! nothing else came close.

JT

akaki_1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am having also battery problem with my 2 day purchased phone. 60% of my battery is consumed by "MEDIA". Do you know what media is it? What to do? Here I attach the screenshots as well.

Screenshot_2014-12-19-21-13-32[1].png

Screenshot_2014-12-19-21-14-23[1].png

Thanks in advance!

JiffT

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi I had further problems with battery drain but it still lasted 2 days. In the end I backed up & did a factory reset & software update then reinstalled everything. A pain but seemed to work. I did disable Google play Music as it kept appearing in active apps though I'd not touched it. I also disabled most of the other Google Play apps as I don't use them either. For some reason after a few days Google Play music started up again so I deleted it. So far no problems.

I keep WiFi & data off unless I need them & don't use location. I'm not a heavy user generally though for the past couple of days I've been programming with Tasker & that has killed the phone in a little over a day. The screens been on about half the time & I've been testing alarms etc so not unexpected.

In general I get about 5 days till the battery gets to ~ 15% the notification setting which is fine for me. I attach my latest graph though I haven't put the last use on it (and haven't changed the last date formula!)

Battery use.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers