why is my unknown source is grey out

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was downloading an apk and when i try to install the apk its says 'your administrator doesnt allow to download app from unknown source'. i got to security settings, and i found this 'unknown source' setting but it greyed out. people say that i needed to deactivate the device administrators such as screen lock service and find my device, i did deactivate it but when i try to install the apk again its STILL doesnt work, What do i do? Btw my device right now is Samsung galaxy tab S 10.5 < THANKS>

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Tablets are notorious for having additional users, are you the main account on the device?

Is the device controlled form a parental control account?

Are you registered on the tab as an adult, unrestricted user?

Have you tried to find this app on the Play Store? Often apps downloaded from random internet sites and ones that don't come from secure sources, like the Play Store, Amazon App Store or Samsung Members, have bad stuff in them and can cause issues on devices. So always be sure that things come from places that are trusted. That's why that little button is there.

Give us a little more information and we'll see what we can help you with. If you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies, please create an account. This link will help you do that.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781