Why is Samsung S8 says internet not available even when connected to WiFi?

A

AC Question

I bought an S8 a couple of days and I have been consistently noticing an issue with WiFi. The phone connects to WiFi router ok, works fine for about 5 mins, and then an exclamation mark appears right next to wireless icon in the notification bar and then the phone says 'connected to xxxx wireless network but no internet', however all the other smart devices connected to the router work just fine

Factory reset, router reset, static IP assign...tried all nothing helped. Internet speed clocks consistently at 40 Mb so I have no issues with the actual internet coming into my house, please can you help

Avery Davis2

Sep 9, 2020
Visit site
My fix, Re: Why is Samsung S8 says internet not available even when connected to WiFi?

I have a Galaxy S8, SM-950U, and I had the battery replaced at Batteries Plus. When I got it home, my connection to my WiFi router gave the error message that Internet is not available. I tried many suggested remedies, and what finally worked was an item in the troubleshooting WiFi connections guide:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

The suggestion was to check the date and time. Since the phone had been turned off for a while, it made sense that the clock in the phone was inconsistent with network time, and the suggestion in the guide was that this discrepancy could prevent Internet connection. After turning off WiFi, I went into the date and time setting, and had to turn off the automatic update feature to see the manual update, but when I did, I saw the date and time were already correct. So I turned automatic updates back on, then went back to WiFi and turned it back on, and the phone immediately connected with Internet. Sounds pretty dumb, but this worked when lots of other things I tried did not.