Why is the battery life on my Note 4 low?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery life on Note 4

For those whose battery life isnless than expected do you have any vibration settings on...any haptic feedback?

I turned all that off and started using Juice Defender and its made a dramatic (spelled DRAMATIC) difference.

Juice defender and battery management apps like it are not necessary with a device like the Note 4. It is an old Android myth that just won't die, unfortunately. (Or fortunately, if you're an app developer for Juice Defender, I suppose)

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

so dont use sd card? But thats where all my pics are stored

He's not saying don't use your SD card. (If he is, he's misinformed)

If you have an older SD card from a previous device, and your battery is draining a lot because of Index Services or something like that, it is highly recommended to get a new, high speed SD card like the Samsung Evo card. Format it to your device and transfer over the pictures if you want to keep them on your device. That should clear up your battery drain issue on the card (if that is your problem).

Other than that, you really don't have to do much to this device to get excellent battery life.

Don't allow very many apps to have full background access to update 24/7. For the most part, that is just not necessary and complete overkill for a lot of them. Nothing wrong with allowing it for your daily use apps like calendar, weather, etc. Facebook? Unless you're on that thing every 10 minutes and can't bear to miss one of your friends posting yet another cute baby/puppy/kids sporting event/milestone post, you don't need FB notifications every 5 minutes. Although I will say I am surprised at how much better FB has gotten with regards to being a good "steward" of batter resources on this device. I have the factory installed app running on my phone (a first for me on an Android device) and it doesn't suck down battery.

The majority of battery life issues we've seen in this forum have been due to improper setup, user inexperience, screen brightness too high, and other easily remedied issues. There have been a few instances of hardware issues that required a phone replacement, but for the most part it has been something the user can correct.

jovan1256

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Correct! I meant an old SD card. I had one sandisk in my s3. When I put in and went to bed. I woke up with my phone feeling very hot with 40% battery left down from 100% before I went to bed due to an android process called Index. I simply dont use an SD card right now. So yea get a Samsung SD card if you can afford it. Some ppl bought a new cheap SD card from Sandisk and they said it worked find. Its up to you.

ossqss

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Cleaned out the odd ball files on the USB drive including redundant adobe acrobat folders and the battery problem disappeared. I had a huge problem with indexing and battery drain. It went away with some simple cleaning of transferred data on the USB card.

ossqss

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
This issue is directly related to problem files on an SD card. If the indexing system has issues with problem files, it runs constantly trying to ID them and sucks your battery down. Look at the stats and see how much CPU and wake time is associated with indexing and it becomes very clear. Good luck to all.

Last edited:

John Bernardino

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys! I got my note4 under contract last jan27. I have some problems. Can someone tell me if this is normal? 1. When surfing using lte signal, the battery drops at 1% per 3minutes. And 2. Before going to sleep at 12md the batterys at 30% but when i wokeup at 5am its already deadbatt. It happened twice already. Hope someone answers.. thanks..

Arctraiser

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
is it normal that I recover some percentage of battery after turning off my note 4, remove then replace the battery and turning on the phone ?

example :

100% fully charged
using the phone until 90%
turning off the phone and after removing the battery and turning on the phone , i have 95%

sgtm7486

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I am of the belief I shouldn't have to turn ANYTHING off to get good battery life. I either buy an extra battery, or I go to zero lemon and get one of the huge extended batteries they have. I shouldn't have to cripple my phone for my battery to last longer than a day under my normal use.

AndroidArt

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!
Just started using my new Note 4. My first Android device. I wanted to find out what the normal battery drain is when idle and I came across this site. I've been using my Note 4 for a few days now and discovered that I lose about 1% per hour when on idle. I've read some lose 2-3%. I think this perfectly normal.
Screenshot_2015-03-23-17-09-17.jpg

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

It's funny. Someone recommended turning off wifi when leaving home. I tried this, and the battery life I'm getting is INSANE. Sure, I use some data, but I have a ton of it to use, and never hit my limit, but all those wifi hot spots around my downtown core are so unstable, that when I leave wifi on it drains like crazy I'm my office. Turning it off has been ridiculous. I sometimes TRY to get my phone to under 80% by the end of the day, and it's nearly impossible. And I text, Facebook, read forums, play some trivia crack, etc. Not major heavy use, but moderate. And I'm just so in love with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone with the snapdragon version has this battery drain issue? I think only the exynos has the wi-fi drain issue. My wife has the N910F snapdragon note 4 and the battery is not draining from leaving the wifi on. Mine does... :-(

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Something is wrong! I'm post #22 on this thread. Back in December I'm raving about the battery life. At 43%I still had 7 hours left. Today, the battery life is dismal.

Attachments

• 1434360799281.jpg
    1434360799281.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 50

JRUNCK

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I factory reset my phone without syncing any apps back on and my battery life is 1000% better than it ever has been since I purchased it in October. I've downloaded & installed almost every app I was using before and still have about 3X the battery life that I was used to.

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
You should need to keep some pro version of battery saver app which reads your phone's battery consumption data and automatically adjusts. Basically every phone has some basic battery saver functionality however, they can entirely focus on their product strength on one issue. There are some good battery saver apps which are specifically designed to help improve your phone's battery life.

Link

Try this app, I am sure it will improve your Note 4 battery life. My phone's battery life has significantly improved after installing this app.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not much of a fan of battery saving apps. They are mostly placebos that do very little to help with overall battery life. In this case, I am wondering if the battery is showing it's age.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Notice that the above post is just an ad from the developer himself, of an app currently with five or less installs and only one rating.

Larry

This is true. This types of apps are pointless and just a waste of time. This is why there are no more then five installs of that app. I tried using one of these clean master apps before and I kept getting warnings that my phone was over heating when I hadn't used it in several hours.

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Dear Larry,

The app is really effective compared to phone without an battery saver app. I am not sure what previous apps you used however, there are several apps which works really well and have helped millions of users improve their battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny