Why is the flash sometimes doesnt work on my LG V30 while taking pictures?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was extremely happy after getting the android 8.0 oreo in my v30 last month.
Better battery life, it got a bit faster also a bunch of overall improvements.
First surprise was the Q lense and the AI mode in the camera app, and I thought it was really cool until my flash stopped working while taking pictures, specially in low light cilonditions. And I really dont like the new bright mode that automaticlly activates when it detects darkness. I tried to deactivate it but I couldnt.
I also tried restarting the app, the phone and even deleted the app data, but no use.
Can someone tell me please how to fix this? Should I wait until the new update comes out and hope that ghe bug will be fixed?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Turn the flash to on, not auto. If it still fails sometimes it's a hardware issue (that just happens to be coincident with the update). If not it's a software issue, and you have no choice but to wait or to flash a Nougat ROM.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you have HDR set to auto? When taking an HDR photo, you can't use a flash. So if that's on auto, you'll possibly see this sort of erratic behaviour from the flash as the app decides when to use it. If you set HDR on, it'll never use flash in auto mode, but will be unaffected in manual mode because it doesn't take HDR photos.

Munchivory

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
Do you have HDR set to auto? When taking an HDR photo, you can't use a flash. So if that's on auto, you'll possibly see this sort of erratic behaviour from the flash as the app decides when to use it. If you set HDR on, it'll never use flash in auto mode, but will be unaffected in manual mode because it doesn't take HDR photos.

The flash is on, and HDR mode is turned off

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Bright mode is the 1st option in settings. just turn it off, or when bright mode is engaged, there is an on screen icon you can tap to turn it off just for the pic you're about to take.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope, didnt work out! I think its a software problem.

Might need a factory reset then. On my Verizon V30 an icon pops up indicating the phone is going to use bright mode. I can tap the icon and it will turn bright mode off for that pic. Bright mode can be turned off entirely by going into settings, where it is the 1st option. What version of the V30 do you have?

Munchivory

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
Might need a factory reset then. On my Verizon V30 an icon pops up indicating the phone is going to use bright mode. I can tap the icon and it will turn bright mode off for that pic. Bright mode can be turned off entirely by going into settings, where it is the 1st option. What version of the V30 do you have?

I did turn the bright mode off, the flash appears to work fine with normal conditions, as soon as i take pictures in low light conditions it doesnt work. I have the LG V30 ThinQ unlocked. I live in Germany.
I might as well do the factory reset.
I have another problem, i replaced the back glass but the adhesive is not keeping the back glass in place its loosening off...any idea what to do? Or what to adhesive to buy?
Thanks alot guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit