Why is YouTube turning off the notification bell and mini player for "made for kids" content?

Kingsley Amuzu

Jun 8, 2022
Visit site
Why is YouTube turning off the notification bell and mini player for "made for kids" content?

Whenever I drop the video and the mini player is off and I also never get notifications. Why though. Understand why YouTube did, it's of course the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), but still just for kids content. Why although?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is YouTube turning off the notification bell and mini player for "made for kids" content?

Can you clarify where you're seeing this? Is this your own phone, or your child's phone? What do you mean by "drop the video"? Are you posting your own video?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why is YouTube turning off the notification bell and mini player for "made for kids" content?

When the video is released is called dropping the video.

I have seen the notification bell is not allowed to be clicked in the YouTube app for videos marked as Made for Children.

I can't answer the question but those answer B. Diddy's questions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When the video is released is called dropping the video.

I have seen the notification bell is not allowed to be clicked in the YouTube app for videos marked as Made for Children.

I can't answer the question but those answer B. Diddy's questions.

Thanks for the clarification -- I thought that might be what it means, but the rest of the question is still puzzling. Is the OP just not getting notifications for new videos they created because they're designated as "Made for Kids"?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

You can't request notifications on videos marked Made for children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol