Why isn't my phone connecting to Windows 7 hotspots?

A

AC Question

Phone connecting to Windows 7 hotspot problems

I have ASUS Zenphone 6 and ever since I got it, I have a problem connecting to Windows hotspots (created by me). The phone connects to other wifi - work, school, macdonalds, anything.

I have a LAN cable internet connection on my laptop. What I would like to do is create a hotspot on the laptop and share the internet - seems simple enough. But I have tried counless ways and still getting numerous problems.
Sometimes I get the old "obtaining IP address" bug (trying the static IP workaround doesnt really work for me). When it finally connects, it disconnects after 0-3 minutes. Sometimes it stays connected, but no internet is sharing. Sometimes event the internet is sharing, but drops after a few kbs transmitted.

Now I have tried almost any way of creating hotspots - ConnectifyMe, mHotspot, Virtual Router, I have a script with

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=networkName key=networkPassword keyUsage=persistent

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

I have the drivers updated, tried deleting them and reinstalling countless times. I have the sharing internet connection option checked. I have even changed the channel of the adapter because there are more networks in the college dorm I live in. I tried disabling the firewall, antivirus program.

Nothing works.

Im actually studying software engineering in college and this is just driving me crazy. Ive been googling answers for the past few days and not a single one helped me.