Why Verizon Won't Announce The Galaxy Nexus

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
One thing alot of you arguing about it being announced a month ago are forgetting why it even happened in the first place. That "later this year" press release in Oct. was not a planned event. They backed themselves in a corner because some intern/employee seated in front of a monitor keeping tabs on Samsungs Twitter account passed along a tweet, Big Red didn't ok, beforehand. They had Samsung reteact it, issue one that completely contradicted all previous rumors. After it caused a backlash, Verizon issued the statement that verified what the Samsung tweet confidrmed, it was correct to begin with. That's why this release is botched up a bit, it got started on bad footing.

Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
because people don't complain about the bugs in other phones that they released with and have to wait months if they even get an update. At least with google the update will come right away look at the gsm version. Sorry nobody is whining it is just funny how you defend vzw when they had no problem in the past releasing buggy ass phones. But I guess they had a rational reason to release those. smh

Um, they do complain, what's your point? So because they've released buggy phone in the past they should just say the hell with it and release all phones before they're ready? You realize its not possible to catch all bugs, right? You fix the ones you do catch before release. I'm only defending Verizon because you are attacking them for absolutely no reason other than you're having a second graders tantrum over them not releasing a phone on your timeframe. Its laughable.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The way i see it, with technology you will always have bugs. And if they already have the phone ready just release it. Its already manufactured

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Um, they do complain, what's your point? So because they've released buggy phone in the past they should just say the hell with it and release all phones before they're ready? You realize its not possible to catch all bugs, right? You fix the ones you do catch before release. I'm only defending Verizon because you are attacking them for absolutely no reason other than you're having a second graders tantrum over them not releasing a phone on your timeframe. Its laughable.

but if they are "testing" it the bugs would not all get out. I know all won't be caught but how can you test and say for example the tb gb update and not notice that voicemail notices do not show up? Or the dropping of data randomly on the bionic? I mean wouldn't that be one of the main things you test since it is a smart phone??? i guess those are bugs they couldn't catch because it wasn't on their time schedule like you say. Your argument is laughable, how you defend them yet state points that they have done the opposite of in the past and did not care one bit about...

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
but if they are "testing" it the bugs would not all get out. I know all won't be caught but how can you test and say for example the tb gb update and not notice that voicemail notices do not show up? Or the dropping of data randomly on the bionic? I mean wouldn't that be one of the main things you test since it is a smart phone??? i guess those are bugs they couldn't catch because it wasn't on their time schedule like you say. Your argument is laughable, how you defend them yet state points that they have done the opposite of in the past and did not care one bit about...

Again, so since Verizon has made mistakes in the past they should just keep doing it? Again, what's your point?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I get it, so you are saying they should just say the hell with it and release it so you can come back here and whine more. At least then you would actually have a good reason, lol

Reactions: YourMobileGuru

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Except verizon releases phones with ton of bugs cough bionic cough thunderbolt etc. Every phone has bugs it seems that verizon tests so much yet still release the phones with bugs that should be removed before launching.

Not to mention that there really isn't any proof that this whole thing is being delayed due to bugs.....its just more speculation. Verizon gave such a huge window to release this phone from day 1......why?....in the anticipation of bugs? It makes so much more sense that they gave this huge window to give them enough time to make the money they wanted to on the bloat phones. Sure there are a few bugs here and there.........but I just can't believe its taking a month to work them out.....its all about money. The whole bug thing was probably thought up by some executives to keep the nexus fans quiet. But, in Verizon's defense, they are a company that is out to make money. Its irritating for sure but for me, the fault lies with Google/Samsung. They should have never agreed to exclusivity unless a definite date was determined. I just can't see Google wanting their flagship phone and OS to be released later and later in the holiday season. I will be shocked to see this happen again. I'm hoping Google learned something from this.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Except you fail to take into account the "small" number who are the ones advising people on what phones to get....

This phone is not the same as other phones on the market. It is a developer phone. A developer phone offered to the general public, but a developer pone nonetheless, and the OS should be considered "beta" at least until the first point release comes out.

The type of people who listen to others suggesting that this phone without doing their own research are NOT the ones Verizon wants to be buying this phone in the first place because a healthy percentage of them will be upset with the bugs, frustrated when apps don't work right, and with the extended Holiday return period, more than normal will return the phone. This costs them money and to a degree customer satisfaction scores.

As much as the phone nerds want this phone to be the true iPhone competitor, to the normal consumer it isn't and wont be. That honor falls to the Razor and Rezound because those are polished products on a trusted OS. This phone while exciting to us will not sell a fraction of what the Razr does and it is not because of marketing, it's because of the nature of the phone itself, and it would be reckless for Verizon not to recognize this.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I love how the Verizon fanboys are spitting venom on here...lol. Even going as far as to say that the Razr and Rezound are polished products...lmao. Come on guys lets see how many more times you can use the word "bug" in your posts...lol

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention that there really isn't any proof that this whole thing is being delayed due to bugs.....its just more speculation. Verizon gave such a huge window to release this phone from day 1......why?....in the anticipation of bugs? It makes so much more sense that they gave this huge window to give them enough time to make the money they wanted to on the bloat phones. Sure there are a few bugs here and there.........but I just can't believe its taking a month to work them out.....its all about money. The whole bug thing was probably thought up by some executives to keep the nexus fans quiet. But, in Verizon's defense, they are a company that is out to make money. Its irritating for sure but for me, the fault lies with Google/Samsung. They should have never agreed to exclusivity unless a definite date was determined. I just can't see Google wanting their flagship phone and OS to be released later and later in the holiday season. I will be shocked to see this happen again. I'm hoping Google learned something from this.

For all we know, the agreed upon date may have been this week or next. It could only be coming out a week behind for all we know. I still believe its just been blown out of proportion by a handful of loud mouths. I also would like to see some sales numbers on phones released during the holiday season compared to other times of the year, because I'm not convinced the holiday season has any long term effect on sales whatsoever.

Reactions: YourMobileGuru

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
because people don't complain about the bugs in other phones that they released with and have to wait months if they even get an update. At least with google the update will come right away look at the gsm version. Sorry nobody is whining it is just funny how you defend vzw when they had no problem in the past releasing buggy ass phones. But I guess they had a rational reason to release those. smh

I think you overestimate how fast Google updates the phones. Yes the Nexus devices are the first to get them but it's not instantaneous or that often. They get the new full versions first (if Google considers them capable enough, which as we are now seeing the N1 wont get ICS officially) and the point releases first but they still only do a handful of point releases a year. They don't do a new release for every bug they find.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I think you overestimate how fast Google updates the phones. Yes the Nexus devices are the first to get them but it's not instantaneous or that often. They get the new full versions first (if Google considers them capable enough, which as we are now seeing the N1 wont get ICS officially) and the point releases first but they still only do a handful of point releases a year. They don't do a new release for every bug they find.

NS4G owners know. Ask how long it took to get the update for the signal problems.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I love how the Verizon fanboys are spitting venom on here...lol. Even going as far as to say that the Razr and Rezound are polished products...lmao. Come on guys lets see how many more times you can use the word "bug" in your posts...lol

Yes. They are. And I am sorry you don't understand that your coveted Nexus phone is a beta product. Yes, as much as the Nexus 1, Nexus S, and Xoom were at launch.

I see you are "renting" a RAZR so your mind is made up on this but yes both the Razr and Rezound are more polished than the NG will be at launch. Yes on the surface it will be new and exciting but did you see the review Phil posted the other day about the Siri wannabe? He tested it on the GSM GN and it force closed like 3x.

I downloaded and installed the same app on my Razr and while the app didn't work any better for me than it did Phil, at least it didn't FC on me. For those who buy the GN (and yes I will be one of them) this will be a pretty common occurrence for the first couple months, even on apps that work perfectly well on Gingerbread.

So many of you are in love with the IDEA of the Nexus, you have rose colored glasses on and are setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment when the final product hits.

Wicell

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey FD2 - would LOVE to get your opinion on Why?

NO Guarantee mine is right, but it?s logical and it makes some sense.

BTW ? Think about this?
Of the Threesome of companies involved here (Google, Samsung and Verizon) only 1 benefits from the delay.

Google wants desperately to see V4.0 on the streets to gain market share for Android.

Samsung has already invested $$$s in all the materials to make the phone and it is likely already completed production sitting in final assembly waiting ? they don?t like waiting to get paid, but until Verizon accepts the phones the payment clock doesn?t start ticking.

Meanwhile we have Verizon? If they do this right they can sell through all the old junk they got deals on and, sell through their existing stock levels of the more recent (hotter) phones from HTC and Motorola because there is currently no better alternative. This would allow them to meet any volume commitments previously made to all their other suppliers all without affecting sales of the Nexus product.

My guess is Verizon will announce and release the Nexus when they have made all their $$$ back and since they have negotiated an exclusive with Samsung (for some period of time) they are the only game in town so no one can stop them. It?s all about profit and cash flow management in my opinion.

Well I do believe the clock is ticking, because a while back there was a screen leak showing Verizon had on order more than 100K Nexii. Not to mention Samsung basically saying the ball (Nexus) is in VZW's hand now for when it (the G-Nex) will be released.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Is this Waffles26, secondary account? You made less sense w/ that comment than anything he ever posted in here. Are you trolling this thread? If you were following events outside of rumors in this forum you'd see that the bug issue, on Big Reds SCH-I515 , was clearly substantiated when they pushed a new OTA bug fix out to Big Reds testing units, starting late last week. You might be amused by some people w/ posts about the bug issue. Even if they just repeat it for reasons they may not understand, as yet. It's till pretty asinine assumption on your part, cuz you just might be the fool, when the cards get laid on the table.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
This phone is not the same as other phones on the market. It is a developer phone. A developer phone offered to the general public, but a developer pone nonetheless, and the OS should be considered "beta" at least until the first point release comes out.

The type of people who listen to others suggesting that this phone without doing their own research are NOT the ones Verizon wants to be buying this phone in the first place because a healthy percentage of them will be upset with the bugs, frustrated when apps don't work right

Sorry, you're not even close. I own a Nexus S 4G that I bought the day it was released. This was the first gbread at the time.

It has not been buggy or otherwise unfriendly to use by a standard user. Apps were not broken. If anything, the Nexus got apps earlier than any other Android phone. Important things like Netflix and Hulu. First to get video conferencing on Skype too. The apps always worked and the phone did too. (can't say the same about the carrier)

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Is this Waffles26, secondary account? You made less sense w/ that comment than anything he ever posted in here. Are you trolling this thread? If you were following events outside of rumors in this forum you'd see that the bug issue, on Big Reds SCH-I515 , was clearly substantiated when they pushed a new OTA bug fix out to Big Reds testing units, starting late last week. You might be amused by some people w/ posts about the bug issue. Even if they just repeat it for reasons they may not understand, as yet. It's till pretty asinine assumption on your part, cuz you just might be the fool, when the cards get laid on the table.

I never denied a bug issue, bug fixes are pushed out all the time...you didn't know this??...lol I just don't personally believe that its what is holding all this back and just because you read something outside this forum doesn't make it 100% legit....I know that's been proven. Also, the ones that are trolling threads are the ones who make posts on these forums downing fans of the device, downing ICS and talking about how disappointed everyone will be in the device. I'm shocked these threads haven't been locked because of it. BTW, I'm not in the camp of people who think this phone will be the holy grail of phones. There are some things that I've heard that disappoint me about it already. But I sure as hell am not going to form a 100% opinion on it now....that is what is asinine. Another thing that is asinine is going into a Galaxy Nexus forum and telling people how disappointed they will be about the phone and promoting the bloat phones by saying they are polished.....because we haven't even seen this verison of the GN yet. So please get down off the high horse and read more into what people are saying .... and no i don't like Waffles...lol

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Just for laughs, I went and checked the "release the GN before December 1 petition" to see this enourmous amount of pissed off people. Wow, what a disappointment. 21 signatures. Yep, there's so much more than a handful of people, lmao