Wifes phone lost contacts

ochness

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My wife called me this morning and said that her phone did some type of sync with her contacts to Verizon and now all of them are gone. She said that it synced 4 contact and the only ones she has are like the stock Verizon ones to get into the account information.

I'm not sure what happened or how to fix this. Any suggestions would be great, thanks...(I don't have the phone with me so I will have to try suggestions when I get home)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My wife called me this morning and said that her phone did some type of sync with her contacts to Verizon and now all of them are gone. She said that it synced 4 contact and the only ones she has are like the stock Verizon ones to get into the account information.

I'm not sure what happened or how to fix this. Any suggestions would be great, thanks...(I don't have the phone with me so I will have to try suggestions when I get home)

well i would go to the verizon website and sign onto her account and check the contacts area of her line, perhaps backup assistant still has them in records

also have her log into her gmail account and checks the contacts section there perhaps she hopefully had them sync'd at some point

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Check to make sure Contacts is set to the group...Display All and not....Phone Only.
Even if only 4 synced they should all still be backed up to your Verizon account. The only way to delete them from Verizon backup is from a computer. She's most likely just displaying the wrong group under contacts.

ochness

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I had her try the Verizon backup assistant but she is not registered nor has she signed up for that service. I also had her sign into her Gmail account and go to contact and there is nothing there...I'm not sure what the heck has happened. It's hard when I don't have the phone in front of me.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does she have any backups available to restore? CWM? Titanium Backup? I had a similar issue happen to me once. While linking my contacts with different accounts I started getting tons of duplicates and even some triples. I figured the easiest way was to clear them all and re-sync with backup assistant. Instead of syncing what was on the VZ server to my phone, my phone synced and removed everything from the server. Titanium saved the day as usual.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I cannot help with the original post, but sorta really need to know if there is a download somewhere for the original backup assistant app?

nichol.as769

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get my contacts back by going to verizons website, but now I can not get my facebook contact to sync right any solutions? I tried finding wallace2422 solution but I havent been successful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly