WiFi calling

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
M9 sprint 6.0 WiFi calling connects twice as fast & operates much smoother since I updated to MM.

Posted via the Android Central App

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I just picked up my M9 and so far it's fantastic. Lots to learn.

Anyway, Wifi Calling is a new feature that my old Moto X didn't have so I'm investigating.

One question, with VoLTE on the M9, why would you want to make calls over WiFi if you have a good signal?

I can see setting up the wifi calling to prioritize network calls so that, in the event you don't have network coverage it will default to wifi calling, but not the reason for setting it to prioritize wifi calls when you have a strong network LTE signal..

Just wondering.

Steve

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I just picked up my M9 and so far it's fantastic. Lots to learn.

Anyway, Wifi Calling is a new feature that my old Moto X didn't have so I'm investigating.

One question, with VoLTE on the M9, why would you want to make calls over WiFi if you have a good signal?

I can see setting up the wifi calling to prioritize network calls so that, in the event you don't have network coverage it will default to wifi calling, but not the reason for setting it to prioritize wifi calls when you have a strong network LTE signal..

Just wondering.

Steve

Wifi calling is a great feature! I only use it if I'm somewhere that has little or no signal, but has decent wifi. I just wouldn't bother to turn it on while I have normal network. On my Sprint M9 I don't think there is any way to set up a priority option to use it.

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
The reason I use WiFi calling is I'm in the middle of the boonies. I'm with sprint and have a signal booster but alas the M9 has the sprint spark and the airrave does not help. All my family's 4 I phones work great but I have WiFi. That's why I use it always at home. Later.

Posted via the Android Central App