Wifi Disconnect

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue, in spite of the wifi and performance settings selected. An app I installed prompted me about that issue and changed it for me, but I don't remember off the top of my head what app that was. I just did a phone reset to address a different issue and expect I'll face the issue again now, so if I run across that app I'll post it.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Wifi Keep Alive (free) from the Android Market. It does a fairly decent job of keeping me connected to Wifi, though for some reason, if the phone is idle for a bit...it will put the Wifi to sleep - but once I go to the browser and hit Refresh, it brings it back up. Not ideal, but it's better than a kick in the pants...

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Menu - settings - wireless and networks - wifi settings - menu - advanced - sleep policy - never

Mine never sleeps

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Menu - settings - wireless and networks - wifi settings - menu - advanced - sleep policy - never

Mine never sleeps

Somewhere earlier in this thread, some of us have mentioned that, in spite of the above settings, Wifi still sleeps. That's why I use Wifi Keep Alive, which works 95% of the time.

Thanks. :)

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere earlier in this thread, some of us have mentioned that, in spite of the above settings, Wifi still sleeps. That's why I use Wifi Keep Alive, which works 95% of the time.

U have an issue with your phone or software, u do not need "WiFi Keep Alive" or an other APP,

Have your phone checked out at the Sprint Corp store, it still under warranty.

I am assuming you tried all the other settings & info.

Good Luck.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
U have an issue with your phone or software, u do not need "WiFi Keep Alive" or an other APP.
I'm not the only person on here with that issue, so maybe a lot of us got lemons.
Have your phone checked out at the Sprint Corp store, it still under warranty.
Honestly, I've never had good luck with them messing with my phone. Wifi Keep Alive works reasonably well and if it means I wait an additional 15 seconds for my phone to reconnect to Wifi when it's been asleep for a while, I'd rather that...then Sprint frying my phone.
I am assuming you tried all the other settings & info.
Sure have...everything mentioned in this thread.
Good Luck.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the only person on here with that issue, so maybe a lot of us got lemons.
Honestly, I've never had good luck with them messing with my phone. Wifi Keep Alive works reasonably well and if it means I wait an additional 15 seconds for my phone to reconnect to Wifi when it's been asleep for a while, I'd rather that...then Sprint frying my phone.
Sure have...everything mentioned in this thread.

If all else fails, call motorola... They are much more helpful than the sprint techs.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Changing the battery to either Performance mode or Customize mode with "off peak hours" individualized to your needs (e.g., mine are 2-6 a.m.) may keep Wifi on at all other times. You can choose to have Wifi go to sleep after a period of idle time (mine is 15 minutes), but it will wake up when you unlock it.

To do this: Settings > Battery & Data Manager > Battery Mode > Pick either Performance mode or Customize, as stated above.

I've just tried it. Will share if it doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov