Wifi Issue

CaptDigB

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with there phone not being connected to there wifi after phone been inactive after awhile. Mine turns off and wont turn on till i go to wifi settings page then it will become active again even though i didn't even change a thing just opening up wifi settings fixes it quite annoying.

m3shj

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same problems with my lg spectrum. exchanged phones. still the same problem. Galaxy tablet does.not.have the same problem on the same wifi network. Ready to.scream.stream

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
i have not noticed this issue, but i do not leave my phone on wifi. I usually turn it off once im done with what i was doing. Ill check it out and see if it does this.

mrmooney

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Any updates? as said both mine and my wifes phone does it. Doubt both phones are bad. Also already tried to reset modem and router.

TheBigKahuna72

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, no idea. My 1st Spectrum would disconnect from my home wi-fi all the time, but not while I was using it. My replacement phone doesn't do it. You might need to tinker with a setting. Do you have "auto-on" checked?

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
It sounds as if your wi-fi is set to sleep after 15 minutes.

Try this to check: Menu (the capacitive button below the screen), settings, wireless & networks, wi-fi settings, menu (the capacitive button below the screen), advanced, wi-fi sleep policy. Make sure it is set to "never." Right after setting up my Spectrum, I was having issues with it remaining connected to my wi-fi at home. Changing this setting was the perfect solution.

If this does not help, I'm not sure what will. But right above the wi-fi sleep policy setting there is a setting called regulatory domain, which controls how many wi-fi channels the Spectrum looks for. Perhaps your setting is 11 and your router is using 13 or 14 channels?

Hope this helps.

Robin Wenz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same as you and I'll read on other forms to download wifi analyzer. the problem I have now is that it recommends what channels to use but I have no clue how to change the channel on my htc inspire. If somebody could please explain to us how to change the wifi channel that might help. I have an HTC Inspire.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Your phone will automatically connect to whatever channel your wireless network occupies. The channel is a setting on your wireless router, not your phone.

pastork

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Since receiving my new LG Spectrum With update to Android 4.0.4 as a Certified Replacement phone, the WiFi is wonky. Occasionally it will connect when I ask it to. More often, even on my home network in the same room as my Verizon router, it will find the network but then will stall on "searching for IP address," and never will connect. It also, on the rare times it does connect, keeps asking me for the WEP key, which I never had to do with my other phone. Is there some setting that needs to be changed. Currently, I have the "Notify me when networks are available" and the "Auto connect" boxes checked. Yesterday it connected to my work network (also Verizon) without difficulty.

The other main issue is a very short battery life. I'm getting less than six hours total time per charge.

pastork

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll try it. I did finally get it to connect by re-setting the router. I noticed while in the Advanced menu that there's an option for either 11, 13, or 14 channels. The default is 11. Should I set it to 13 or 14?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ILTAFGICHKI