Wifi keeps cutting out

Robert Claypool

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have an Optimus Slider with Kroger IWireless that actually uses Sprint's network. Specifically this phone:
https://krogeriwireless.com/shop/smartphones/lg-optimus-slider
I currently have an unrooted stock rom. Wifi keeps cutting out. I've tried it connecting to my home computer using Virtual Router Plus and Ball State Memorial Hospital's "IUH Public" and it cuts out with both. Turning off Bluetooth seemed to reduce instances of cutting out initially, but now I'm not so sure it wasn't just a placebo effect or wishful thinking. I'm open to any advice, including downloading apps, rooting the phone, using a custom rom, etc. I have downloaded the Wifi Fixer app, which seems to mitigate the problem, but I'd like the problem solved.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an Optimus Slider with Kroger IWireless that actually uses Sprint's network. Specifically this phone:
https://krogeriwireless.com/shop/smartphones/lg-optimus-slider
I currently have an unrooted stock rom. Wifi keeps cutting out. I've tried it connecting to my home computer using Virtual Router Plus and Ball State Memorial Hospital's "IUH Public" and it cuts out with both. Turning off Bluetooth seemed to reduce instances of cutting out initially, but now I'm not so sure it wasn't just a placebo effect or wishful thinking. I'm open to any advice, including downloading apps, rooting the phone, using a custom rom, etc. I have downloaded the Wifi Fixer app, which seems to mitigate the problem, but I'd like the problem solved.
Go into the WiFi settings and press menu. Select "advanced" settings and enable WiFi to always stay connected. Hopefully this helps address your issue.

Robert Claypool

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
That didn't help. Using the ##SCRTN# dialer code is causing it to stay connected better, but it isn't working completely right. Apps essentially complain they can't access the internet.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC