WiFi keeps turning itself on and off, constantly.

Jim DeLuco

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else been through this? All of a sudden, my wifi keeps switching between off and on every... 5-10 seconds. Any thoughts?

no recent downloads/changes, running Kk 4.4.2

I had this problem alot and it kept coming and going. I discovered that my phone had an active app, ATT Smart Wifi, that came with the phone and was turned on by default. After investigating the benefit of turning wifi off and on it appears that they claim it saves battery power, however in my experience by turning this app off and on, it doesn't appear to make a difference with the battery power and with the app off it still uses 4G when wifi is not available.

pius288

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Please help me this problem is making me lose brain cells i am running android 4.4.4 kitkat... i don't have the improve accuracy feature neither can i update my phone cause the last version is 4.4.x for my device(lg g flex) i have tried almost all methods + factory reset.. but still the problem is there i have tried location to gps only but everytime i get a message asking to agree using wifi which i disagree... its literally making me rage so hard

Angel joanita

May 9, 2018
Visit site
Hey i have aproblem when my Tecno Android phone connects to WiFi it shuts down and this happens whenever it scans WiFi i need an help please

Tony Vangel

Jun 30, 2018
Visit site
Try clearing the cache on any apps that send files or photos, I have this problem I'm using textra & it seems to be an issue after I've sent a photo. I think there is some kind of network hangup going on because all of the solutions people are suggesting tend to reset or clear the mobile network settings. So try clearing you cache for apps like text, FB, Twitter, Snapchat or anything else you might use to send files over your mobile network. see if that works. I would suggest clearing the cache of each app one at a time then try turning on your wifi after each one so you can locate which one is causing the hangup.

Goodluck! ;)

Hmm I'm using textra also. Having the same problems as described by all. I'll try another texting app. Seems strange tho.