will a new battery make that much a difference

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I recently tried factory resetting my phone, hoping to speed it up and get better battery life... its definitely faster (considering Ive had it since release and never reset it yet) but the battery life didnt really change....

I know there are a lot of opinions on why our battery life is bad, but this post is just for one simple question...

Have any of you bought a new battery (official samsung one) recently and seen a noticeable improvement without changing anything else?
thanx
Danny

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It will help some, however only as much as a new battery can. I, too, am using the gnex on Verizon again. The battery life sucks, has sucked, and will continue to suck. After using the Note 2, it's hard to use this phone again.
The only real solution is to upgrade your handset.

Posted via Android Central App

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering this too. I was going to drop a few bucks and do some SCIENCE if you care to hear. If anything, two batteries are better than one!

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
very true, but Ive got three batteries, the original two standard ones and the extended Ive been using for almost 18 months...
I did just put the standard one back in the phone, curious if if will outlast the extended thats been used awhile...

-D

RushNFour

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have my Nexus on ice right now for that very reason. My extended battery was suddenly only giving me about 5 hours of moderate use before power down. Its about 18 months old so I ordered a new one from Amazon and it will be here in a few days. I'd be happy to share if it improves at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have my Nexus on ice right now for that very reason. My extended battery was suddenly only giving me about 5 hours of moderate use before power down. Its about 18 months old so I ordered a new one from Amazon and it will be here in a few days. I'd be happy to share if it improves at all.

Please do.... did you order the exact same battery as your old one?

RushNFour

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I did, it is the Samsung OEM 2100mah extended battery. Word from UPS is it will be on my doorstep when I get home from work.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3800ma battery in mine, it last all day with moderate use, a couple of days if it's just connected to WiFI.

hergs7

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Hyperion 3800 mah on ebay last September and get all day power with fairly heavy usage. Before i'd only get about 4 hours and was always plugging in and taking a charger everywhere. It has been a huge upgrade and hasn't shown any degradation in the 8 months i've been using it. If you can get over the extra weight and heft, I think its the best upgrade out there for no more than 20$.

Last edited by a moderator:

RushNFour

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the new battery in and I will let you guys know how how it's working as it begins to settle in. It shipped with about 55 percent battery life so I just let it run all the way down to a power down and then giving it a full charge now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

RushNFour

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So far it appears the new extended battery has not fixed the issue. 4.5 hours off the charger and I'm down to 30%.

RushNFour

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
There is noticeable improvement over all but not as much as I had hoped. It appears 4.2.2 is just a bit much for the Nexus battery-wise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci