Will Allo allow full size photos and videos (light compression)?

Pacific13

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I use an iPhone currently, but will switch back to Android immediately if I can have iMessage-like functionality. It's very frustrating to send a Hangout-to-Hangout video and not even be able to see it because they compressed the crap out of it.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
My data plan doesn't like light compressed videos... of course, it doesn't like any kind of video, but light compressed ones, it likes less. It goes against the "make it as simple as possible" but I wish you could change the compression level for incoming and outgoing vids and pics...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I use an iPhone currently, but will switch back to Android immediately if I can have iMessage-like functionality. It's very frustrating to send a Hangout-to-Hangout video and not even be able to see it because they compressed the crap out of it.

here's the thing though - you wouldn't have to switch back to Android. Allo is cross-platform and you can use it on iOS.

Pacific13

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
here's the thing though - you wouldn't have to switch back to Android. Allo is cross-platform and you can use it on iOS.

Allo actually does something similar, by heavily compressing video. From my really quick test, Allo compressed a 40MB high quality video (sent from Android phone to iPhone) down to a very pixelated 7MB video. This is unacceptable and ridiculous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jason S