Will an Indian Nexus 6P work with US carriers (4G LTE)?

Suvii7

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Will an Indian Nexus 6P work with US carriers (4G LTE)

I am really confused right now, I'm planning to buy a Nexus 6P, and i would gladly purchase one here in India, except I'll be moving to USA later this year for college. I looked up how much it would cost to have a USA version of the 6P shipped to my address and it's close to 140 USD costlier, which is very taxing.

I looked up all the LTE bands and it seems that my international version will still have partial support to US carriers. However, certain US-exclusive LTE bands won't function.
Please assist me by telling me what this means? Will I have too much trouble using LTE in the States or I'll be able to work just fine. Real tight on expenses now, want to know if spending the extra $140 is needed.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will an Indian Nexus 6P work with US carriers (4G LTE)

There was another thread on this topic, there is a site which you can use to find out which carriers the global version is compatible with,
WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network

Your best bet is to go with AT&T which is fully compatible with the Global 6P, the other carriers are only partially compatible. In the US there are four carriers, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. There are a lot of virtual carriers that piggy back on the real carriers so their compatibility will be based on which carrier they use. AT&T and Verizon are the only two carriers that have coverage everywhere, Sprint and T-Mobile have good coverage in cites but suck in rural areas. Google's Project FI uses both Sprint and T-Mobile but both of those carriers are only partially compatible with the Global 6P so your only choice is AT&T or a MVNO that runs on AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scuba2181