Will I get E-mails over WiFi now?

RyanRC

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.

Please forgive my ignorance if this is something that already happens, but for AT&T people now that we have Calling and Txt over WiFi...does this mean we will get our E-mails this way too?

Again, perhaps this already happens...but for me my cellular reception at my house is really poor, and as well I get e-mails for work 24/7 via their MS Exchange push system. (Phone and service is supplied by work btw).

So for me I sometimes get the e-mails at home, but many times they will not come in till I get just to the end of my road leaving my house in the morning as the AT&T reception at my house is that bad.

So not that we can get calls and txt's via WiFi...does this mean I will get my e-mails this way too?

If not, is there anyway to make that happen?

Thanks for any help

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello all.

Please forgive my ignorance if this is something that already happens, but for AT&T people now that we have Calling and Txt over WiFi...does this mean we will get our E-mails this way too?

Again, perhaps this already happens...but for me my cellular reception at my house is really poor, and as well I get e-mails for work 24/7 via their MS Exchange push system. (Phone and service is supplied by work btw).

So for me I sometimes get the e-mails at home, but many times they will not come in till I get just to the end of my road leaving my house in the morning as the AT&T reception at my house is that bad.

So not that we can get calls and txt's via WiFi...does this mean I will get my e-mails this way too?

If not, is there anyway to make that happen?

Thanks for any help

By all means you will received emails or WIFI with no issue.

Cheers

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
You've always been able to get emails over wifi, the addition of wifi calling is irrelevant. Just to throw a little suggestion, have you tried contacting AT&T and asking them for a Microcell? Basically, it will connect to your home internet and create a mini cell tower in your house so you get better reception. I'm pretty sure carriers will usually give them to you for free. In their mind it is a better option than having you switch to the competition.

RyanRC

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Or unless Trump asks the Russians to Hack you....
Just a bit of info, even if that were true which it is not, the Russians as well as many more were and are hacking our systems way before Trump came along.

That's kinda why its not a good idea to setup a personal insecure server in your house when your someone like the US secretary of state.

Works great for you if you're the kind of person who needs to hide all your lies, scams and other things you don't want people to know about you, and then delete all that info the second you want to run for something like the presidency, but because everyone is hacking all over the world and in the US as well, kinda not really all that good for the 3 million people you are supposed to be serving.

Last edited:

RyanRC

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You've always been able to get emails over wifi, the addition of wifi calling is irrelevant.
Don't the e-mails come through cellular data? Which can only come in via the cell connection?

Just to throw a little suggestion, have you tried contacting AT&T and asking them for a Microcell? Basically, it will connect to your home internet and create a mini cell tower in your house so you get better reception. I'm pretty sure carriers will usually give them to you for free. In their mind it is a better option than having you switch to the competition.
Thanks for the info prolongExistence, never knew of such a device. I will check into this although it might be hard to get them to provide. The company I work for is pretty big and the phone and service is just one of I'm sure tens of thousands, so trying to say give me one or we're going someplace else might be hard.

But never hurts to ask.

Thanks

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Just a bit of info, even if that were true which it is not, the Russians as well as many more were and are hacking our systems way before Trump came along.

That's kinda why its not a good idea to setup a personal insecure server in your house when your someone like the US secretary of state.

Works great for you if you're the kind of person who needs to hide all your lies, scams and other things you don't want people to know about you, and then delete all that info the second you want to run for something like the presidency, but because everyone is hacking all over the world and in the US as well, kinda not really all that good for the 3 million people you are supposed to be serving.

It was a joke, and I am not debating politics with you. Or anyone for that matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87