Will it do VoLTE?

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The LG Revolution appears that it won't even ship with that feature enabled. It was just the phone used to perform Verizon's first VoLTE call. It's possible TB will get the feature in a software update later down on the line.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you would want it to do VoLTE at first anyway. Having to leave the 4G radio on all day would nuke your battery. Sprint phones only get 4-5 hours with WiMAX radio left on. blackmanx reports about the same thing with the TB and the Bionic

Once significant battery improvements are made in the next couple years, however, I'm all for it

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The LG Revolution appears that it won't even ship with that feature enabled. It was just the phone used to perform Verizon's first VoLTE call. It's possible TB will get the feature in a software update later down on the line.

Link please?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

tmacfan4321

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
its true no phones will be using lte for voice for a few more years

VoLTE is entirely different from the LTE standard for voice. You are correct in that the LTE voice standard hasn't even been finalized yet, but this is VOIP over LTE. It is coming late this year or early next year, it seems.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh I didn't realize they were talking about different things. I was only correct by accident then lol.

I use "VoEVDO" with google voice and pbxes all the time then hahaha!

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020