Will Lenovo move to Marshmallow eventually?

Toto Mango

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 and there are rumors on their forums that Lenovo won't provide Marshmallow to Android Tablet owners. Anyone else heard that?

Also, I'm still using KitKat because so many Yoga Tab 2 customers are having problems with their tablets following the upgrade to Lollipop 5.0. Anyone have info on what's taking Lenovo so long to fix these issues?

I'd also like to hear from any Lenovo Tab 2 owners who have successfully upgraded their tablets to Lollipop.

------------UPDATE-------------------

I just got off the phone with Tech Support (1 877 453 6686) after waiting on the phone for over an hour and 1/2, and asked some questons about Marshmallow and what options are available to us if your Tablet doesn't upgrade to Lollipop successfully.

Tech Support says that the Tab 2s (and presumably Tab 3's) will eventually be able to upgrade to Marshmallow whenever they finally optimize it for the Lenovo Tablets and make it available. ETA unknown, sorry. I'm guessing it'll be quite a while, folks.

The reason I asked this is because someone on the Forums said that Lenovo wasn't going to provide Marshmallow to Tablet owners or was complaining that the Tablets could only be upgraded once to a new OS, which is obviously not true, at least according to the guy in Tech Support.

Also, if your Tablet is under warranty still and the roll up to Lollipop is giving you fits and no fixes are available or the fixes don't work, you can send it back for re-imaging by Tech Support for free. The Warranty covers hardware only, so if it ends up being a hardware issue then of course, its covered. If its software, they can only re-image it....and I'm assuming that means everything is wiped, so your data is gone unless you've backed it up.

I'm assuming apps can be restored from Google since you've paid for them already.

Comments? I'm guessing you probably could wipe the thing yourself and start over (not sure how to do this other than do a factory reset before upgrading to Lollipop? But it seems drastic, LOL. )

Hope this helps some folks. Again, comments and info welcome. Don't know why Lenovo doesn't seem to want to provide this kind of info to customers on the forum. If nothing else, they should play rumor control. If its out there somewhere, I'd sure like to know where cuz I've looked all over the place.

Last edited:

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd be pretty impressed with Lenovo if they actually updated the Yoga 2 to 6.0.
Lenovo doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to updates.
They actually surprised a bunch of people when they updated the Tab 2 from KitKat to Lollipop.
1 major update surprised people... 2 major updates might put people into shock.

If by chance they do update, keep in mind that the 5.0 update came in July I think so 6.0 could probably be expected about the same time...perhaps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884