Win a Droid Incredible from Android Central! (contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BortFrenzy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, let's say a Twinkie represents the normal amount of work I can accomplish with my current phone. According to the its Incredible specs, the amount of work I could get done with a Droid Incredible would be like a Twinkie 35 feet long weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

That's an INCREDIBLY big Twinkie.

Walter.White.BrBa

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Its incredibly weird when I see my younger bro using a PINK razor that he's going to be stuck with for at least another year and a half (Long story, but he has had a few shady broken phones). What's even more incredible is this ridiculous phone, and what an incredible gift it would make to a good little bro. Hook it up, lets keep pink razors off the streets. Thanks!

Chinamin

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I will be taking awesome photos with the 8MP camera. Unlike my 3MP camera that is currently on my phone. Oh and I'll also probably go a whole day without having to find a plug, that's pretty incredible!

NekroDroid87

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I can incredibly

help spread the word on how people all over world are slowly being corrupted by basic feature phones with forgettable names and dated OS like blueberry,plam and Apple I calculator by blogging and starting forums about it using my Droid Incredible's 3.7-inch capacitive AMOLED touchscreen.My goal will be to graduate everyone to a real smartphone(Android OS Devices) and stop the global madness.Help me achieve this goal before its to late......

llancast

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I would be incredibly grateful for your incredible act of kindness and return the favor to those who are incredibly less fortunate by giving away my incredible old LG Rumor to one incredibly unlucky person if i was so incredibly lucky to receive the incredible HTC Droid Incredible from Android Central.

Pun Count: 8 (for those of you keeping score at home)

dmlowery

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
What incredible thing am I going to do? How about be a good older brother and give my brother a leg up for his college graduation.

My younger brother is graduating college here soon and will be heading out into the business world for the first time. Hes currently using a small LG flip phone (the VX8360 I believe) and wont be able to afford anything new for quite some time. This is something I would like to give him as a good Smart Phone will make his life infinitely easier.
Thanks

- D

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Snap dragon processor, 8 mega pixel camera with dual flash and the latest sense UI is just my way of sticking it to the man, Steve Jobs! {-_-}

Digginit2

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Goodbye atk, hello Real multi-taking

With my Droid Incredible I will first never download a task killer ever again :) after installing my Swype beta i'd navigate a drive to someplace I already know how to get to, stream some Last.fm radio, see just how much faster Android Central loads than my MyTouch, all while running every last widget my heart desires, and my snes emulator waiting patiently in the background for me to come and save my neighbors from zombies with my new multi-touch powers!!....just because I can.

leshy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My feats?

What incredible feats will I accomplish?
1) Taking pictures of my nephew's feets (sorry, my shameless pun) in 8mp glory. Also using that camera and video for my girlfriend's 4 year old.
2) Finally adopting an android device and switching to Verizon. I've being out of contract with AT&T for over two years now waiting and avoiding any contracts (or iPhones), for the best android device since I first heard google was making the OS. And since my old LG CU500 broke, I've been on a Nokia 2610 for over a year and a half... waiting. Imagine going from full 3g internet access to a phone that only has WAP and whose only games included is "Coin Flipping"
3) GPS. GPS. GPS. I've been debating getting (and Lord knows I've needed) a GPS but not had the funds for both a phone and GPS. This would act as my phone AND GPS and save me a LOTS of money.
4) Apps. Most interested in the educational apps for my girlfriends 4 year old son, but admittedly, if they have Mancala, I'd buy that first.

So yes, I admit this phone is for me and not as a donation for a family member. But save me the $200 androidcenteral, and I guarantee I'll donate to the Humane Society. I'll send pics of the check too. THANKS!

And congrats to the winner whomever it may be.

umgriz9

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
First thing i would do on my Incredible would be to google RIM address and mail them my blackberry storm 1 and say thanks for nothing! Second i would do the same for android central but mail them a cake shapped like my new Droid Incredible to say thanks.

drdick87

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If I had a Droid incredible I would make it tell me the secrets of the universe and the meaning of life. If it refused I would make it battle the Motorola Droid and Droid Eris in a fight to the death for Droid supremacy.

th3h0ff

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The INCREDIBLE thing I would do is to STOP

---------------------b
---------------------a
------------a-----p--n
B-----------n-----o--k
l------------------s--r
a-------f-c--a----s--o
m-a----o-r--d-----i--l--l
I--N-C-R-E-D--I--B-L-E
n--d-e---a--i------l----g
g--r-n----t--c--c--y---a
---o-t----i--t---a------l
---i--r----n--i---n------l
---d-a---g--o---t------y
------l------n

Kidding of course!!!! But come on man this is starting to get EXPENSIVE!!!!!

TekNiKal

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I will be excited to have a fully functional, truly Incredible smartphone. My first experience with a touch screen smartphone has been a torrential Storm.

kdheepak89

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
HTC Incredible

Hey guys, it's really 'Incredible' what you guys are doing ! ( Boy am I 'punny' :p ) Bet you guys are thinking " If I had a nickel.. "

I'm a college student from India and currently own a Nokia 5800. I have been a Nokia Fan boy for my past 13 iteration of phones, but I think I can safely say Android and its offerings have finally got to me.

I have been following all updates since December and cannot believe the pace at which this community is growing. It really is quite remarkable. I just love where Android is headed with mobile computing and would proud to do my part in providing a helping hand. Developing for the Android community promises to be an intriguing and exciting adventure

I also intend to host a website that reviews Android phones. There is an untapped market with respect to Android here, with companies like Motorola and HTC bringing their products to India carrying a lot of hesitation. And rightly so. Indian costumers frankly don't risk choosing beyond Nokia or Motorola. It is the lack of information in the masses that makes this a dangerous market to enter. Android and it's capabilities has barely been understood by the most, let alone been heard off. I intend on providing information to people, information catered to the Indian market, about this community, its openness and its potential.

I was actually hoping that my first entry would detail my experience with the Google Nexus One, but the phone is yet to make its way into the market here and I am yet to meet a friend who has gotten their hands on the super phone.

The HTC Incredible will be the ideal choice for my site. Since it is to be launched soon it will make my review a good read and an interesting topic of discussion. Winning this phone would also be inspiration to develop for the Android. And also equally importantly it will also make a deserving replacement to my current phone, Nokia 5800.

I really hope I win this giveaway, it would mean a lot. In either case looking forward to owning an Android soon !

Looking forward to contributing towards this wonderful community.

Peace. \m/

Dheepak.

jlhanson81

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I plan on using this incredibly fast and awesome phone to show the world just how incredible I am! I also plan on gloating in the faces of all current iPhone users and showing them how incredibly lame their phone is compared to mine! Oh, and I plan on joining Google in their plans for world domination using this phone.

Mudman

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding me or what? I am no techno junkie, just an ordinary guy looking for a great phone for free!! I will do whatever the phone allows me to do, and my feeble old brain allows me to do.

mcyoung

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If I win an Incredible, I will probably convert more blackberry users than any other "regular Joe" in North America. In my mid-sized Missouri town (Cape Girardeau)...I'm know as "Captain Blackberry" (no joke). People actually come by my business, a furniture store, to get blackberry lessons. I've been a longtime blackberry apologist and crackberry.com reader (I've listened to EVERY one of Kevin's podcasts), but my Verizon guy (who got me started on blackberries 3 years ago) has been trying to convert me to Android for a few months.

However, I just couldn't imagine myself with that clunky Motorola phone. NOW.....this Incredible has me ready to make the change to the Android platform. I'm not kidding when I say that when people see me with an Incredible....they will FREAK, (again...no joke).

My feat will be that I will convert more people than anyone else to the Android platform and bring those same blackberry/iphone people to Android Central and to the AC podcast.

Respectfully submitted,
Mike Young
AKA Captain Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86