Win a Droid Incredible from Android Central! (contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcyoung

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If I win an Incredible, I will probably convert more blackberry users than any other "regular Joe" in North America. In my mid-sized Missouri town (Cape Girardeau)...I'm know as "Captain Blackberry" (no joke). People actually come by my business, a furniture store, to get blackberry lessons. I've been a longtime blackberry apologist and crackberry.com reader (I've listened to EVERY one of Kevin's podcasts), but my Verizon guy (who got me started on blackberries 3 years ago) has been trying to convert me to Android for a few months.

However, I just couldn't imagine myself with that clunky Motorola phone. NOW.....this Incredible has me ready to make the change to the Android platform. I'm not kidding when I say that when people see me with an Incredible....they will FREAK, (again...no joke).

My feat will be that I will convert more people than anyone else to the Android platform and bring those same blackberry/iphone people to Android Central and to the AC podcast.

Respectfully submitted,
Mike Young
AKA Captain Blackberry

rmwilk

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been an incredible Palm user as far back as the incredible Palm IIIx. Making my way through many incredible handhelds, I have now reached this incredible time in history and have found that the TRUE Incredible device is made by HTC and I really want to be incredible again.

I can show all of the other users out there what Incredible really is. I will make ALL my iPhone friends incredibly jealous!!!!!

zerosum0101

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I will accomplish the following 'Incredible feats' if given the Droid Incredible:
1) Finally win a debate with an Apple fan-boy about how awesome the Android OS is.
2) Make delicious treats in honor of every food themed android update (both past and present) then make my friends with iPhones eat it so they can see how yummy and delicious Android can be. I cannot cook for the life of me but I will use the browser on the Droid to look up recipes, use the "find nearby" option to find a local supermarket to purchase the ingredients, and then call my mom for help because I will probably burn the kitchen down.
3) I will finally not get lost in my own driveway because I will have Google Navigation. You don't know me, but trust me, I get lost VERY easily. Free navigation will save not only my life but the lives of many other innocent pedestrians and homeowners (I only crashed my car into someone's house ONE time; promise).
4) I will actually learn how to dance properly so I can do a dance every time I get a new incoming phone call. Just like my driving, I've hurt a lot of people with my dancing (both emotionally and physically).

Honestly I know I should come up with more but I have class in an hour and need to finish my homework. PLEASE GIMME THE PHONE. There's a scratch n' sniff sticker in it for you *wink wink*

Refot_Sirk

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
....so I just type in here?...okay... Uh hello. I have been investing a lot of time lately working on a top secret project the details of which I can't really get in to. I have currently hit a snag in the project and am badly in need of a neural net procce... I mean a central processing unit for said project. My colleague, Dr. Kogan and I have been searching Skyne.. the internet for a solution and have stumbled upon your site. We believe that your "Android" device would be a perfect solution. It's 1Ghz Snapdragon processor would would be just what the doctor ordered (literally) when it comes to number crushing speed and it's state-of-the-art GPS capabilities would be perfect for the targetin...uh, navigation system. While the doctor has assured me that there is nothing to fear I have my reservations. I'm wondering about is this "Sense" thing. Maybe I'm just being silly; It's not like the thing can become self-aware! Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Dr. Miles Dyson
Senior Engineer - T project

caliphats743rd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I need a new phone incredibly bad!!!

Im still rocking an BB 8330mt from sprint. I would love to have phone i could keep my life togehter with and not take ten mins. to use my calander .>>.. I need a new Phone

Unisted

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I could email Susan Rice, Ban-Ki Moon and Barak Obama about world peace whilst listening to my music collection and taking photos of the Norweigan Room on my droid incredible

hyperbolaboy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My boss says I am an INCREDIBLE worker
My wife says I am an INCREDIBLE husband
The kids say I am an INCREDIBLE father
I am INCREDIBLY good looking
I am INCREDIBLY talented
I am INCREDIBLY strong

but my beat up old phone is a sorry piece of s***.
Help me be INCREDIBLE

OHBULLET

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
what i can do with one

with this phone ill be able to give my wife my droid which is great and she can get rid of that crappy bb storm with is Incredible

flagg49

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Working on a thesis in the humanities as I am, I find that I'm surrounded by people who don't appreciate the benefits of technology. To show them, I'll:
-Photograph source materials with the 8MP camera
-Incorporate them into the document that I'll take with me & compose wherever I go, on the phone, using Quick Office
-Stay in touch with my adviser via email and send him attached updates
-Record video at conferences & play it back on the high-resolution screen for awed luddite colleagues
-Use the Sense UI and snapdragon processor to multitask seamlessly (not so easy on the Droid!) between web research, texting my reading group to find out where to meet, tracking my progress live on the bus to campus, and playing loud background music to drown out the other passengers.
-It would be, uh, pretty incredible?

jarays212

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
With the Incredible I will fulfill my INCREDIBLE dream of traveling to every Major League Baseball stadium in America, recording every amazing stadium with that awesome 8MP camera, posting updates on androidcentral.com :cool:

JonnyCerv#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I will have more friends because I will be so incredible with the Droid Incredible in my hand. Plus I will look at it so much my wife will probably leave me and I'll need a cool phone to pick up new chicks.

token25#AC

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This would be my first android device, Bye Bye Blackberry, Hello Droid. I'm gonna miss all the battery pulls and getting lost using my BB Maps because of my phone freezing.

toloveistorebel

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
With an HTC Incredible I will be able to break free from this 1stGen iPhone and get a phone that kicks butt on a kick butt network. For my incredible feat I will have to base jump from the Empire State Building while filming the experience and then post the incredble video through the many incredible social outlets on the incredible. I'm actually scared of such heights so maybe I'll become a photographer and travel the world taking pictures with the incredible 8MP camera. Either way it'll be awesome

tgwoh

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I will save my marriage by giving my wife my powerful Moto Droid and allowing her to replace her silly Droid Eris that seems to be permanently stuck with Android 1.5.

killbrianvol1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The INCREDIBLE will ruin my chances for winning father of the year. I will certainly spend the majority of my time surfing the web and such while trying convincing my fiancee that I am making a positive contribution to our daughters life. This statement is blatantly false and will insure my daughter winds up in remedial classes when she enters school since I will not be available to teach her anything of value. My fiancee will probably leave me since I will spend all of my time staring at my new INCREDIBLE, which is fine since I will have easy access to eharmony and other online dating services due to the INCREDIBLE and its sweet browser. Should I be unsuccessful in obtaining a new love interest online, which is very likely since I will pay little attention to any human being in real life, I will have lots of time to update my facebook status thus taking one step closer to becoming a hermit and living my life entirely online. I can only hope my dream comes to fruition because the INCREDIBLE is just that...an incredible smart phone with the capacity to improve the life of it's owner in every imaginable way.

mpg1031

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I would love to win a droid incredible... I have a blackberry 8330 and
been wanting to upgrade for awhile. As much as it would pain me to
give up BBM... getting a free android device would be a no brainer.
That type of catalyst is what i need to finally break free from the
grasp of my blackberry. I would convert in a heartbeat for this device
and hopefully by having a free one I will be able to show all my BB
friends how Incredible (sorry had to) android and this device are.

foaming at the mouth while reading android central more than usual

PS. it's okay i don't have rabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames