Windows 10 Laptop (HP)- Not Recognizing Samsung Galaxy S6, what can I do?

gsvidyashankar

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 Laptop (HP)- Not Recognizing Samsung Galaxy S6

Greetings.

Laptop (with Windows 10) not recognizing Samsung Galaxy S6 - despite the following

1. Samsung Android ADB Interface program working fine on the PC
2. Samsung Mobile USB Composite Device - Update with the latest drivers
3. Smart Switch PC 4.1.16052_2.exe installed

The Error I get with Smart Switch is "Failed to Connect the device. Please disconnect the cable and try connecting again."

That too did not succeed.

Kindly Advise.

Thanking in advance
Vidyashankar

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Laptop (HP)- Not Recognizing Samsung Galaxy S6

I suggest you try a different cable, even if you are using the one that came with the phone. Do you get a beep when you plug the phone into the computer?

FroggyUK

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site

I still can't see the Galaxy S6 on Windows 10 file explorer. It just can't detect. I checked my USB cable it works fine on another PC not Windows10 and see the phone Icon. Can anyone help? as I don't want to use OneDrive all the time.

Injured

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

I found connecting phone to my computer. And then rebooting the computer it showed up.

Watcher0363

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try these steps:

1. First thing, unplug your Samsung phone or tablet from the computer.
2. Find and click on the control panel.
3. Click on the hardware and sound.
4. Under devices and printers click on the Device manager.
5. You want to scroll down to other devices and click on it, to expand it.
6. Now plug in your Samsung device. The Device manager will refresh automatically.
7. You should see an unknown device now under other devices. If not click on other devices to expand it once again.
8. Now click on the unknown device it should identify the device as a samsung device.
9. This is where you will click on the update driver button. Select the option that allows for a computer and internet search. It will find what it needs from the internet.
10. Now allow for the device drivers to be downloaded and installed. This may take a few minutes.
11. After they have installed the device manager will refresh.
12. Now look under portable devices which should be located just under other devices. And you should find your samsung device properly identified.
13. At this point your device will show up under windows explorer. However the contents may not be visible until you install and run samsung smart switch for the first time, and click on the more button. Then click reinstall drivers. Or you could wait a few minutes and see if the tablet or phone asks you to allow transfers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87