Windows 7 PC will not recognise my Android (Moto G4, Huawei P or Galaxy s8)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I cant believe Im even having to ask this question in 2020, but it seems absolutely no progress has been made by the developers of Android, as I STILL have the same issue I've had since 2012, that no matter how I connect my Android devices to a PC, they WILL NOT be recognized by a PC. How is this even possible? Why do android phones simply not work with PCs! This is an issue that should have been resolved a decade ago and yet remains ignored.

In a nutshell, the phones just go onto charge mode when connected to PCs, laptops etc. No other options come up.

I've unlocked developer options on each of the phones, changed the storage to MTP, yet the one PC (and two laptops) I've connected the phones to (using different USB leads) simply does nothing. All that happens is the phone charges.

Im tearing my hair out with rage. How can this be solved before I smash these piece of garbage phones up!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Could it be because you're still using Windows 7? Windows 7 will no longer be supported for anything, even security updates, by Microsoft very soon. It would be best for you to upgrade to a modern, supported version of Windows ASAP. Windows 10 should be fine even on older hardware.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing the issue is Windows 7 since it's obsolete and no longer supported. It was replaced nearly a decade ago, I personally haven't seen it on a computer in 5 plus years. Either your PCs are very old or you are deliberately running out dated software on your PC and blaming Android.

Have you tried connecting to a newer computer? It seems very unlikely all 3 phones are faulty or having problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali