Wireless Tether deleted from market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Barnacle is still available. I bought EasyTether...I wonder if they're going to crack down on that as well.
I"m telling you when I first got my phone WiFi Hotspot from VZW was as fast as LTE on the phone....

Now it's 1/3 of the speed, if that.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
When VZW gets LTE to KC and offers me unlimited LTE data, I'll gladly pay them my 30 now and the 50 I pay for home internet. However they probably can't deal with the 100 or 150 gigs of data per month so they are a long ways from replacing my 25/5 cable connection anytime soon. If I see an unlimited LTE connection with a home based LTE router by 2015 for under 100/mo unlimited with covers home router and phone/unlimited tether etc... I"ll be shocked, yet very happy to sign up.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree without unlimited data idont think that many ppl will replace home internet with 4 g Mifi.The overages are expensive.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
When VZW gets LTE to KC and offers me unlimited LTE data, I'll gladly pay them my 30 now and the 50 I pay for home internet. However they probably can't deal with the 100 or 150 gigs of data per month so they are a long ways from replacing my 25/5 cable connection anytime soon. If I see an unlimited LTE connection with a home based LTE router by 2015 for under 100/mo unlimited with covers home router and phone/unlimited tether etc... I"ll be shocked, yet very happy to sign up.
Never will happen. It's $50 is for 5GB, if I recall. Unfortunately, wireless and cable are so different in the way they deliver data, that it will be many, many years (if ever) before wireless has the infrastructure to handle home bandwidth (at least the way we use/"abuse" it today). If ISPs start capping data, that may be a different story... :\

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Makes One think aloud is 4G went down 2 days ago, brought back up yesterday and today Wireless Tether app is missing/blocked in the market?

PiperTim

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking for PdaNet and couldn't find it in the Market, then went to the appstore website and found it and attempted to install to phone, but it is greyed out for my phone and says unavailable... oddly when I went back to check the button it says its installed, but its not??!!

kpnm

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Google "Verizon Crackdown Wireless Tether" and you'll find articles claiming that Wireless Tether and PdaNET are being blocked for phones with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yup, saw this coming. People need to realize that they're getting free cake and screwing t up by abusing it.

You're gonna have to explain how it's free cake. I pay for unlimited data. Data is data, whether my phone uses it or my computer uses it. Now, if I buy a pie and help myself to a piece of cake on the way out the door, that's a problem. However, if I buy my pie, the bakery can't tell me to eat it, or hit my friend over here with it. It's my pie.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You're gonna have to explain how it's free cake. I pay for unlimited data. Data is data, whether my phone uses it or my computer uses it. Now, if I buy a pie and help myself to a piece of cake on the way out the door, that's a problem. However, if I buy my pie, the bakery can't tell me to eat it, or hit my friend over here with it. It's my pie.

You only pay for unlimeted data on the phone. Tethering is data on another device. It is not unlimited, whether you pay for it or not.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You only pay for unlimeted data on the phone. Tethering is data on another device. It is not unlimited, whether you pay for it or not.

And furthermore, they charge for tethering.

You can't walk into a cookie store, buy a cookie and steal a container of sprinkles, just because you got some free sprinkles on your cookie. If they charge for it, you can't have it for free, no matter how it's delivered.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

You can't walk into a cookie store, buy a cookie and steal a container of sprinkles, just because you got some free sprinkles on your cookie. If they charge for it, you can't have it for free, no matter how it's delivered.

Let's do this socratically. Do you have home internet service? If so, does your ISP care how many computers are connected to the modem?

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Cookie and sprinkler are two DIFFERENT things. Data is that, data.
Carrier always find a way to make money. Imagine, if online video becoming more common, like Netflix, HBOGo.com, etc and people ended up watching more videos on their phone, what would you feel if VZW start selling TWO TYPES OF DATA: video and non Video?

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Let's do this socratically. Do you have home internet service? If so, does your ISP care how many computers are connected to the modem?

It depends... do the TOS state that you can only connect a certain number? VZW does.

Data thru a phone is much less than data thru other methods (PS3, XBOX360, laptop, desktop, internet enabled tvs for netflix). That is why it is unlimited to use on the phone. When you use your Phone to connect your other 8 devices, you are able to use much more data. That is why tethering is more. Previously, if you have unlimited on the phone @ 30 bucks, it was 30 bucks more to add tethering (capped). The reason was because it prevented people from trying to use their phone as their internet connection cheaper than getting an air card/ mifi @ 60 bucks a month.

Kinda like your employer paying for your gas in a company car and then you filling up all your family's other vehicles by siphoning it out of the company car every day. Yes, he is ONLY filling up your car.... but that is not how the system was designed.

Last edited:

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah we now need someone to grab the apk and put it up.
So we can sideload that app.

I'm not rooted yet but I will be by the end of the weekend and that's one of the apps I'm going to download first

I have the app in my rooted phone. How do I grab the apk and share it with you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61