With the end of the Note, are you done upgrading? Are you done with Samsung?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree… but however they wanna call it as long as it has those trademark “Note” features I’ll have to love with the “Galaxy” label on it somewhere lol. I do hope they do make it a true Ultra with all the latest and cut corners like the “Note 20”

Lol s22 ultra with solo and square design but call it a s22 ultra stuuuuuuuuuupid
SAMSUNG ITS A NOTE for crying out loud

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Lol s22 ultra with solo and square design but call it a s22 ultra stuuuuuuuuuupid
What's the difference what they call it? If I take the badges off your car and replace them Pinto badges it's still a Mustang if you get my "drift".

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's the difference what they call it? If I take the badges off your car and replace them Pinto badges it's still a Mustang if you get my "drift".
I agree because we know its a note with silo and boxy design , but they should show the Note name some respect and cal it s22 Note Ultra

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
And those 2 will never be in same sentence ever again
[Pinto , Mustang]

Lmao... do you remember the mid 70's mustangs that were just pinto's, with a mustang badge and a gutless smogger 302 putting out 130hp? I drove the "King Cobra" version with a highly modified motor putting out closer to what it should have been putting out... and it was actually fun :eek: :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lmao... do you remember the mid 70's mustangs that were just pinto's, with a mustang badge and a gutless smogger 302 putting out 130hp? I drove the "King Cobra" version with a highly modified motor putting out closer to what it should have been putting out... and it was actually fun :eek: :D
Yes

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That was called a Muatang 2

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

If you make an EV SUV and put a Mustang badge on it... is it a Mustang?? :p

I think you wanna have it say Note somewhere so that it doesn't be mistaken for a "lesser" model??

Like... even though there are other clues to give it away... you wanna see the "5.0" badging to make it a "5.0." :)

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I know some people care, but for me, I don't care what they call it as long as it has what I'm looking for.
If you make an EV SUV and put a Mustang badge on it... is it a Mustang??

I think you wanna have it say Note somewhere so that it doesn't be mistaken for a "lesser" model??

Like... even though there are other clues to give it away... you wanna see the "5.0" badging to make it a "5.0." :)

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Thru the years as I watched the S Ultra becoming more and more like a Note without the pen, I always wondered what is Samsung thinking. The S21U became bigger than a Note which made no sense to me. Was it a deliberate attempt to kill the Note series and then market S-pens as an accessory item? I think so.
After the backlash from the Note community it appears Samsung is reversing course and trying to save face by integrating the S and the Note. In my opinion they should have never crossed paths in the first place. The S series should have been limited to the small and larger version while the Note remained as the ultimate flagship and Samsung's largest phone.
Samsung can chose to call it what they want but a Note is a Note, is a Note!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It will definitely an intersting experiment for Samsung if they go with the rumored three models...

For those use to the S Ultra model... If you don't care for the pen you'd go Plus... But if you must have the 105mp camera then you need to go Ultra because the Plus is rumored to only have the 50mp camera. And then you have to go with the wider aspect ratio that the Ultra will have to accommodate the wider dimension to add the solo... And possibly worse concession... The possibility the Ultra has a smaller battery to accommodate the space used by the silo?? An S series Ultra with smaller battery for those that don't give a crap about a pen... would drive people crazy.

I'm getting excited for the Ultra 5.0 already :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thru the years as I watched the S Ultra becoming more and more like a Note without the pen, I always wondered what is Samsung thinking. The S21U became bigger than a Note which made no sense to me. Was it a deliberate attempt to kill the Note series and then market S-pens as an accessory item? I think so.
After the backlash from the Note community it appears Samsung is reversing course and trying to save face by integrating the S and the Note. In my opinion they should have never crossed paths in the first place. The S series should have been limited to the small and larger version while the Note remained as the ultimate flagship and Samsung's largest phone.
Samsung can chose to call it what they want but a Note is a Note, is a Note!
Agree

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That makes no sense. Point is that if it's a Note in function, which for most people means integrated Spen, it doesn't matter what you call it.

LOL I guess it doesn't make, sense... I got sidetracked thinking of Mustangs lol

I should have used an analogy with Mercury Capri??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg