Won't Sync with Google Play Music

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
It will not sync with Play Music. My Nixon Mission showed up in Play Music and I could download music from my phone. This watch doesn't even show up in the app on the phone.

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
You can download from music using wifi using the Play Musica app on the watch. You just can't connect to the phone. Apparently this is an intermittent problem as others are able to do this.

Bart Childers

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
You no longer use the Play Music app on your phone to select music to sync to the LG Watch Sport.

Make sure the Play Store and Play Music apps are updated on your watch.
Then open the Play Music app *on the watch* browse to a playlist, radio station or album you want to sync/download to the watch and long-press on it. It will then download. It takes a while.

This was driving me *crazy* until yesterday afternoon when both apps updated and Play Music started 'working'. It's all good now.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Then open the Play Music app *on the watch* browse to a playlist, radio station or album you want to sync/download to the watch and long-press on it. It will then download. It takes a while.

Thanks a million, Bart. Who knows how long it would have taken me to figure out how to download a song/album/etc to the watch. Very frustrating app.

**TIP: One of the first things I did was go into Settings and check "Downloaded only"; because I don't want to stream music, of course! Then I went into the app and tried to connect to my library so I could download songs and nothing but the dreaded "disconnected cloud" symbol. Frustrating.

I finally tried unchecking "Downloaded only" and wouldn't you know it - I could connect to my Library!

So Tip of the Day is don't do what I did and check "Downloaded only". You would think it would limit you to playing only downloaded songs, but NOOOOOOO, it flat-out prevents you from connecting to your Library. Geez!

TIP UPDATE: After downloading music to the watch, if "Downloaded only" is checked, then it will display "Downloaded only" at the top of the screen, plus it will show you Artist, Album, etc. for the music you downloaded. So this problem only occurs if you set Downloaded only BEFORE you download any music. What's interesting, though, is after downloading only one album, the watch displayed other albums I have of the same Artist but weren't downloaded yet. Weird.

Last edited:

E60351

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
You no longer use the Play Music app on your phone to select music to sync to the LG Watch Sport.

Make sure the Play Store and Play Music apps are updated on your watch.

This was driving me *crazy* until yesterday afternoon when both apps updated and Play Music started 'working'. It's all good now.

Yes. Exactly. Was confused at first then figured all this out as well. Thanks Google for that so clear for everyone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23