Worth going to from Note 4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That depends, what are you looking to go to from the Note 4? You don't mention which device you would be giving up. For example I gave up an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB for a Galaxy S6 Edge 128GB and will be quite happy doing so. Finally an Android device with the amount of internal stoage I want for apps, and everything I carry.

Now when the Not 5 comes along it may get my interest depending on what they do, if they offer a 128GB version again with a HUGE battery with or without microSD and its the same price point as the S6/Edge then maybe, it will really depend on how I feel about my S6 Edge by then.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I did and I am happy. But I did not use the S-Pen much. If you use the S-Pen, then I suspect it would not be worth it. But just like Raptor, if the Note 5 has a similar build quality and USF 2.0 with 128 GB, I will probably move back.

I am enjoying the smaller form factor, but also missing the screen real estate.

Phone is fast, preforms well with the new SoC and quite pocketable.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Then that answer is still a maybe. For me I would just because its new and I like new devices a lot. If you prefer the Note 4 size, you may be disappointed in the screen size of the S6/Edge series, its only .6 inches smaller but its a noticeable size. I do find have lots of internal storage a huge plus, the camera is a nice upgrade and in the fall the Note 5 will take the S6 updates and add to them a bit more which is I why I said I will be looking at it when it comes out.

So I gave up a similar sized device for an S6 and so far I like what I did. I hope that helps. (BTW I did not see what forum this question was in. I was in the unanswered questions section when I posted)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wonder how the VZW battery life will be. Seems I am reading a good few complaints when it comes to that. I know when I upgraded to lollipop on my N4, my battery life went from 2 days and great to sucking.

Which of the two is better between the edge and plain s6? Edge looks cool though.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm going from the note 4 to a 128GB S6 Edge. I'm just not impressed with what the note offers. It's more of a personal preference in my opinion. I thought I could live with the size but find myself frustrated with it at times. I also thought I would use the stylus but i do not. If you're talking about specs i think S6 will blow the note out of the water. Even with the lollipop update the note is still laggy at times. I'm sure the S6 will have hiccups but in my opinion i will not miss the note one bit.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If I chose to get the S6 and wanted to swap between it and the N4 is there a way I can do that being the S6 takes a nano sim?

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If I chose to get the S6 and wanted to swap between it and the N4 is there a way I can do that being the S6 takes a nano sim?

The S6 will come with a nano sim. You can slide the nano sim into position in the note 4 sim slot or get a sim adapter. Either way works.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't the nano sim be too small without an adapter? Where can I get an adapter? Verizon sell them?

It still fits snug in the sim slot. You just have to slide it into the correct position. I've been swapping between an iPhone 6 plus and Note 4 for months. Also, you can buy a sim adapter online or grab a T- mobile sim starter kit from Best Buy which includes a standard and micro sim adapter. Not sure about Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same dilemma but so far after reading alot of feedback and reviews. It seems the battery on the s6 Is really not good specially if the screen is on and I'm heavy user.
Sure it can charge quick so as the note 4 but I don't wanna carry around a charger. What's the point then.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the note 4 but had to return it because of extenuating circumstances. It was a great phone. If the S6 edge had not come out I would have stayed with it for sure. The only thing the s6 edge has over note 4 is build quality because the chamfered edges on note 4 scratched pretty easy even if using a case (which I did). However, there was actually a little learning curve for me. I was so used to Samsungs approach at using their added features that the subtle ways of introducing split screen on s6 edge threw me off lol. Not just that but even the people edge feature, as it only appears when you receive information from those people which is cool. Its refreshing to Samsung not throw features at you but also weird since Im used to manually setting all that stuff up, instead it just comes to you, which Im not sure if I like (not sure that makes sense lol). Also battery drain is a real thing (Im on tmo not sure if its widespread) and coming from note 4 I can say you wont be getting nearly the same screen on time until an update is released to patch this. But I can live with that until they fix it with OTA. The phone is simply beautiful, and the closest thing to perfect IMO since note 4.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ive heard that the TMo version had battery drain issues. Seems some do some dont. I guess we will see about the VZ version once it gets here. According to the website it should ship out on the 10th. Im keeping my N4 too though. Already got the adapter for the sim card. Hopefully Ill like the S6 a lot and give the N4 to the wife. Who knows.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ive heard that the TMo version had battery drain issues. Seems some do some dont. I guess we will see about the VZ version once it gets here. According to the website it should ship out on the 10th. Im keeping my N4 too though. Already got the adapter for the sim card. Hopefully Ill like the S6 a lot and give the N4 to the wife. Who knows.

I'm honestly considering taking my s6 edge back to the store and getting a note 4. The battery issues are unbearable

Posted via the Android Central App

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The note 4 battery sucks since it updated to lollipop. I can make it through a day but not like I use to. I would normally go to bed with 70ish percent left but now its like 50ish. I wouldnt trust trying to make it two days like I use to could before the update. They make fix the battery drain issue with an update though for the S6 as well as the N4. I would hope at any rate. Cell standby and the android system and such are far outweighing the screen in battery draining.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke