Worth going to S22U from the S21U?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So I got an S21 Ultra not too long ago from Ebay refurbished for 600... Now I see that Best Buy is giving 900 in trade in for it towards factory unlocked models I believe.

I am wondering.. Should I possibly look into this? I'm really happy with my S21 Ultra though, especially with the price I paid for it. I don't have to have the latest and greatest, it's just 900 towards a device is a really awesome deal, especially if the S22U was on sale say for around 1000-1100. My S21 Ultra does everything I need though, and has optional S pen support and I like the rounded corners as opposed to the S22U's boxy, Note-like design.

I probably won't do it, but I am just curious to what others might think? Has anyone came from the S21U to the S22U?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I love my S22 Ultra, but I've been a Note guy for years.

For value, it may be worth the upgrade for only a couple hundred bucks. I know Samsung was recently offering $1000 trade in on the S22U towards the Fold 4 plus another several hundred off...

But if you like the rounded corners, I say use the phone you like! Congrats on the phone - whatever you decide to do.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Thanks! Yeah, it also concerns me getting a device that hasn't been out a year yet as I have heard the S22U has been plagued by tons of bugs. Is this true? And is it true that the speakers on the S22U aren't that great?

Honestly, I have been a Note guy too. My previous devices were the Note 9 and then Note 10 plus. I have found that that wider, boxy shaped display though nice, can be a little uncomfortable to use onehanded. I had tried out the S20 Ultra recently and liked the feel of that, but then opted for an S21 Ultra instead.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about bugs. I think based on the forums you would think every phone is a buggy mess! :)

I do find the sharp corners a bit annoying, but I love the built in S Pen. I don't know if it was much of an upgrade from the N20U, but for a couple hundred bucks during the pre-order, I got a newer phone that will be worth more at the next trade. It's really a vicious cycle!

I would love to try the Fold - maybe the Fold 5 will be my jumping point... I just can't do it without a trade-in, and I'm afraid I will miss my slab. But I'm hearing great things about the Fold 4 battery life. So maybe if they sneak an S Pen silo in I will finally try it...

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I had tried out the Note 20 Ultra and honestly, I was more impressed overall by the S21 Ultra. I do like having an S pen, but I don't use the bluetooth functions and I am perfectly content with not having a place inside the phone to put it as I only use it on occasion. I really only use it once in awhile for scrolling and random drawing/coloring.

I personally don't like fold devices. I wonder when it comes to the S23 Ultra, will it be more like the Note series design or the S series design? I think it would be kinda cool if they released both along side one another, and just called one the S23 Ultra and the other the Note S23 Ultra, or something along those lines.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I had tried out the Note 20 Ultra and honestly, I was more impressed overall by the S21 Ultra. I do like having an S pen, but I don't use the bluetooth functions and I am perfectly content with not having a place inside the phone to put it as I only use it on occasion. I really only use it once in awhile for scrolling and random drawing/coloring.

I personally don't like fold devices. I wonder when it comes to the S23 Ultra, will it be more like the Note series design or the S series design? I think it would be kinda cool if they released both along side one another, and just called one the S23 Ultra and the other the Note S23 Ultra, or something along those lines.
I agree, I wish they would release the 2 together. I would call it the S23 Ultra and S23 Note edition. A lot of people love one or the other.

I'm lucky that the Note lives on as the Ultra since I am in that fan base. But for all those S series fans there is no more top level phone - you're all stuck with the S or S+...

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
For now. I think I read somewhere that Samsung might have had the idea to one year release the S series phone in the Note design like the S22U, then the next year release it as an S series design phone. Whether something like that happens or not remains to be seen. As far as the Note goes, I still have my trusty old Note 10 plus regardless for now. So I'm not entirely in the dark!

I personally really liked the design and size of the S20 Ultra. If they could have blended the camera bump of the S21U into the design of the S20 Ultra, that would be killer for me. I didn't like the S20 Ultra's camera design at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24