Xoom and n64oid?

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an evo and bought n64oid. It doesn't run very well on my evo but I plan on getting a Xoom. Has anyone used it on the Xoom? I'm really curious as to how well it runs

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
i just bought it last night & played ridge racer & zerofx ,they ran well but i tried to play mario kart & it didn't work ..it runs smooth when it works though..

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Mario cart worked for me may try dl the rom again. I am also using the wiimote app with the classic remote..= win..

Yeah I plan to do the same thing with the wii mote. Good to hear that works also. Do you have that inclining case (the one everyone is complaining about) to use while gaming or do you just prop it up or something?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Whoa whoa whoa for real? When I get a Wifi Xoom, if I buy a classic-style Wiimote, I'm going to have a portable N64 that actually runs smoothly?

Please tell me I'm not dreaming.

garbanian

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Whoa whoa whoa for real? When I get a Wifi Xoom, if I buy a classic-style Wiimote, I'm going to have a portable N64 that actually runs smoothly?

Please tell me I'm not dreaming.

Not only that, but you can have a Playstation 1 as well, I have mine set up with a PSX and I've been playing alot of Final Fantasy 9 lately. Runs way smooth, I've only had a FEW sound sync issues in some of the cutscenes, which I couldn't care less about.

Its the actual controller, not remote, for the wii. I believe it hard tethers into the bottom of the wiimote?

It does. It's like the nunchak for the wiimote, you will still have to have your wiimote and tether it to the Xoom through the bluetooth and have the Classic Controller (not the PRO as it doesn't work yet, afaik) and then you'll have to bind the buttons to the keys in the EMU.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Not only that, but you can have a Playstation 1 as well, I have mine set up with a PSX and I've been playing alot of Final Fantasy 9 lately. Runs way smooth, I've only had a FEW sound sync issues in some of the cutscenes, which I couldn't care less about.

Where did you find a PS1 emulator?????

Never mind I found it.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
It does. It's like the nunchak for the wiimote, you will still have to have your wiimote and tether it to the Xoom through the bluetooth and have the Classic Controller (not the PRO as it doesn't work yet, afaik) and then you'll have to bind the buttons to the keys in the EMU.

Jesus that sounds expensive. Know any other options?

garbanian

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

You can use a Datel Retro Wireless controller and won't need the regular wii wand.

Yea, it can get SOMEWHAT pricey, but if you just grab two used ones on amazon, its the same price (or so) as buying a new Wiimote alone.

I've yet to try any wireless stuff so I don't know, and can't really comment on connectivity issues and such.

Not every company makes great products after all.

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've used the wiimote classic controller combo for playing Megaman X and such on my EVO. It's absolutely fantastic. Games like Megaman require way too much finesse for the onsreen keyboard, or even a phone keyboard, to be useful. But anyway, just can't wait for my Xoom lol

leram84

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

what is this about binding keys to the emu? im new to android, and just got a xoom, and im trying to set this up, but the wii controller (or the classic) does not work for me on the n64oid emulater (is that what emu stands for). cause i tried to bind the keys of either controller in the settings where u can bind keys, but i think thats only for devices w physical buttons cause it would not recognize any of the wii buttons i pressed...

arggg... iv been at this for hours now, and getting frustrated... any suggestions?

oh, and yes, i have the controllers properly paired through wiimote controller, and when im in that app, pressing buttons on the wii DOES give me feedback in the app

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Um, I have no idea either, but I'd guess you have to download another app that'll help your device see the wiimote as a bluetooth peripheral...

leram84

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ok, nvmd... i figured it out.. after i rebooted, it chaned the ime back to my thumb keyboard. now im all set.

is it possible to use 2 classic controllers for 2 player mode on the xoom?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wait a second, I just got the Wiimote, I should get another remote to attach to that for even better gaming? - What is the classic remote? - Like the N64 controller itself?